The Loud House Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
While I rarely think a fan art piece, no matter how well done it is, is that significant of me analyzing it on a thread like this, I found this gem.

Because that got me to thinking.

A diminutive scientist with large round glasses voiced by Candi Milo, of course there's a natural connection to Dexter. However, I remembered that Chris Savino, the Loud House creator, did work on Dexter's Laboratory at some point. Specifically he was there when Genndy left to work on Samurai Jack and just as Christine retired from voice acting as Candi took on the role.

So I figured, is that character a subtle shout out to Dexter, if not a direct genderswapped, accentless version of him?
Lisa was voiced by Lara Jill Miller, not Candi Milo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sounded like her. Still bears more than a little resemblance anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe the show is that far under the radar?

I'm sure Clarence got some complaints for Jeff's two mommies, and Ruby and Sapphire are heavily censored abroad. I'm happy this is becoming less an less a "Angry group of religious leaders posing as moms" issue and more a "yeah? So what?!" issue. Unless the only reason is the show's thus far relative obscurity and newness.

But hurrah to the animation writers and producers that manage to strike a blow for acceptance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ihhh... Spoke too soon.

One Million Moms (or about a couple thousand hypocritical Trump supporters) got wise to this and they're pulling their usual schtick.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Seems typical but. honestly I'm just glad it took them long enough to find out about TLH two dads.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So looks no new episode today due to the Olympics, any way we were going to get the April Fools Rules episode. Which i hope will not turn out like The Spongebob one or i only have a surprise for you episode of Fosters.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked the episode that expanded on Lincoln's love interest Ronnie Ann, who happens to be the little sister of Lori's boyfriend Bobbie. Especially the twist ending that I won't spoil.

Also, I find it hilarious that the Mexican restaurant they go to for a double date fuses itself with French cuisine, as France was at war with Mexico in the mid-1800s. Esoteric historical reference, intentional or not? Plus one for this show. :smile:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I really liked the episode that expanded on Lincoln's love interest Ronnie Ann, who happens to be the little sister of Lori's boyfriend Bobbie. Especially the twist ending that I won't spoil.
They only thing that was a little disappointing was the lack of the other Loud sisters but, other than that it was a great episode.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nick just started airing new episodes again, apparently finishing off the remaining ones of the season.

Also, has anyone else realized that the "Girl Guru" might be a reference to that awful Love Guru movie that most people forgot about? And I really don't see why the Loud parents have their faces hidden, which I don't see the purpose of as their grandpa and all the other adults have theirs shown. It would be nice to show them in the 2nd season.