The Land Of Gorch Sketches on Video

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm looking for the Land of Gorch sketches from SNL's first season.
Did anyone tape them?
If you did, could you send me a copy? I've been looking everywhere for them, and I think E! cuts those sketches out when they show the first seaon episodes. (except once. I got to see Scred sing "I got you, Babe" to... I wasn't even paying attention to the guest star!)

jediX

Reaction score
I'm also on a "quest" of my own, per-say, for these sketches too. Sadly, Comedy Central only shows Snl reruns from the late 80's and later. Occasionally they run Snl's from earlier than that on at 2 or 3 am after new Snl episodes on my local NBC affiliate, so I'll run a search through those when I get around to it.

Perhaps there are some VHS/DVD Snl tapes with them on it (perhaps on a 'best of...' tape?)? If anyone has a copy of the Snl 25th anniversary on tape could you see if any are featured on it?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
jedix,

If you find those SNL skits first, would you mind sending me a copy of them? I'd gladly send you copies of them if I find them first. Maybe we could send the first finder tapes for them to copy on.

jediX

Reaction score
I found a listing of the skits on an SNL episode guide, and apparently there are only 6 sketches that were aired. Check out my video collection thread and if you find them first we could possibly arrange a trade...

puppetguy

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of the Gorch sketches on E! They are re-running the first season occasionally. One I saw dealt with Scred reading "the Joy of Sex," and the other was a bit done, I'm supposing, right before they left the show. It was a scene with guest, whom I can't remember, and Skred and Ploobis. Ploobis makes the comment that "They burned our Gorch," meaning the set had been destroyed.

Hope this helps
David

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by jediX
I found a listing of the skits on an SNL episode guide, and apparently there are only 6 sketches that were aired. Check out my video collection thread and if you find them first we could possibly arrange a trade...
Actually there were about 13 aired. They are really great and show Jim's edgy side.

jediX

Reaction score
As part of a huge trade I'm in the process of right now I will be getting several of the sketches.

Also, I just realized they were running first season SNL's at like 3 am on my local NBC affiliate but I was unable to catch it this past Saturday :frown:

jediX

Reaction score
Not too sure, I'll have to wait for Boober_Gorg to get them in a trade and get them to me after that (I believe he had 6 he was expecting to get). Plus after finding the 76' SNL on tv the other night I might be able to tape them myself. I'll let you know if anything comes up.