The Josh and Tamra Show Performing in LA

JandT

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Please allow me to be the first to invite you to my show. If you like puppets and improv , I'd hope you can come on check us out.
Details below. Hope to see you there!

Puppets have always been a part of our lives. Before Avenue Q, Jim Henson's Puppet UP! and Crank Yankers there was The Josh and Tamra Show. The duo hits the main stage at iO West Theater on Friday, February 6 at 11:00pm. Over the past 9 years Josh Cohen, a Muppeteer for the Jim Henson Company, and Tamra Malaga, an improvisor, have been touring their long-form improv puppet comedy show all over North America. Josh and Tamra met while performing at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in NYC, in 1999 and have recently relocated to Los Angeles.

The Josh and Tamra Show is one part puppet and one part long-form improv. Starring Josh Cohen, Tamra Malaga, and a cast of amazing puppets. Each show begins with a one-word suggestion. Josh and Tamra then proceed to create a feature length improv show that interweaves different scenes, characters and puppets together. The show may contain adult situations and language. www.JoshAndTamra.com

When: Friday, February 6, 2009
Where: iO West Theatre- 6366 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
Time: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Price: Tickets $5
Box Office: 323-962-7560
io website: www.west.ioimprov.com
io performer: www.west.ioimprov.com/io/shows/320

JandT

Reaction score
why yes i is.

I am happy to say that yes I am Josh Cohen. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the warm welcome. I love me the MC.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am happy to say that yes I am Josh Cohen. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the warm welcome. I love me the MC.
I believe I met you at muppetfest.You were Bear there werent you?

JandT

Reaction score
sure was

yes that was me performing Bear at m-fest. that was a while back . Noel was busy with other muppet stuff that week, so i got to fill in. big time fun.

chrisfason

Reaction score
holy crap, just finished watching the 2 live stage improv episodes on the site. awesome stuff.

JandT

Reaction score
Wow, thanks, glad you liked em.

Wow , thanks, glad you liked em. one clip was from a show in chicago. please tell you friends , any help we can get to get eyes on our stuff is super great. thanks again for your kind words. do you have puppet stuff on line i can see?

chrisfason

Reaction score
Wow , thanks, glad you liked em. one clip was from a show in chicago. please tell you friends , any help we can get to get eyes on our stuff is super great. thanks again for your kind words. do you have puppet stuff on line i can see?
i just started puppeteering in my church's children's ministry, so while i've been a huge fan of both puppets and improv for a while, i'm just now getting my own freak on. it's still improv, but obviously more tame than traditional improv. i hope to keep building on my experiences and get to a point to shooting some short films or something... however, i do have some comics online at http://www.wowio.com/users/searchresults.asp?txtSearch=hero+happy+hour&cbBrowse=0 for free download. the art pretty much sucks until issue 5... :stick_out_tongue:
also art here: http://fason.wordpress.com/art-dumpage/
and here: http://www.comicspace.com/chrisfason/

Melonpool

Reaction score
My wife and I checked out the show Friday night. Very funny stuff. We will definitely be back if it's a regular gig!

JandT

Reaction score
cool beans thanks for coming.

Wow thanks so much for coming to the show last friday night. so glad you liked it. we are pulling the improv show for a few weeks and coming back with a scripted stage show in a month or so. ill be sure to keep you posted.

thanks again for coming out. very cool of you to do so.

JC:wink: