The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, you know what? These specialty dating sites are really getting out of hand... sure, apparently match.com and eharmony.com weren't enough, then we ended up with dating sites for Christian singles and Jewish singles... okay, but now, dating sites for old people? Dating sites for farmers? What's next? Dating sites for pets?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
There is a dating site for farmers! Farmersonly.com! It has the smug tag line of "city folks just don't get it". I suppose a niche market is a niche market in the end.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what I said, there's now dating sites for groups like old people, and even farmers. What's next? Dating sites for pets? I mean, I KNOW over in France, they actually invented... um... let's just say, you know that movie Lars and the Real Girl? Okay, yeah, they invented THOSE for pets now.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Oh, I mis-read what you wrote, sorry. But it's still hilarious how there is a farmers only dating site. I suppose it's not too different than how there's a cable network devoted to almost every different interest possible.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You know nothing surprises me anymore on the internet. There probably is already a dating site for pets. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I suppose it's not too different than how there's a cable network devoted to almost every different interest possible.
Is there a cable network that shows nothing but bunnies hippity-hoppiting around? I wanna see a bunch of bunnies hippity-hoppiting around! Yeaz!

Hubert

Reaction score
The thing about the whole dating site thing is that they seem to be defeating their own purpose by having an excess of them. An Eharmony user's perfect match is actually on Farmersonly, and so on. If they get too many of them, they can't even work properly because everyone is on the wrong site at the wrong time...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Give me the dating site for creative but less-than-gorgeous females being matched with Genuinely Nice, well-off, supportive, intelligent and lively Kiwi males. That I would join.

--------------