The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Just wondering. I got a wrong text a while back from this woman looking to talk to her friend Gail and she seemed really excited (based on all the exclamation points) so I told her she had the wrong number. The protocol for wrong texts is hard to navigate.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Other than ads, I don't think I've ever had a wrong text...however, the number of idiots in this town who apparently can't dial a cell phone properly is ridiculous. My voicemail tells them if they don't know who I am, hang up...and some of the morons STILL leave messages...
------------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
For the longest time we kept getting calls for gamestop. My dad got so fed up with it he started pretending these people really were calling gamestop, telling them they had games in stock and such :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
For the longest time we kept getting calls for gamestop. My dad got so fed up with it he started pretending these people really were calling gamestop, telling them they had games in stock and such :stick_out_tongue:
Harlan Ellison has a wicked little story about pretending to be the cab company that some late-night wrong number thought he had reached. Truly evil but funny as heck.
------------------

Hubert

Reaction score
Boy, oh boy, it's one of those days when I'm laughing at about everything, funny or not, and for some unknown reason, Sarge's last post and Newsie's next to last post really made me laugh...

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
A bird flew into my back screen door. Luckily, s/he flew away, so s/he was fine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody is mad that the U.S.A.'s Olympic uniforms were made in China.

Seriously? You're mad that something was made in China? You might as well be mad at the WORLD then.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I saw something at walmart that said it was made in the united states, but the parts where made somewhere else.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think YouTube has officially reached a whole new level of stupidity:

Hubert

Reaction score
For all of the people with short-term memories...the Dorys of the world.