The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I... I can't believe it... I mean, I'm surprised that Im surprised that Fred's movie (yes, unfortunately, I mean THAT Fred) got a sequel... WHY am I surprised? I'm sitting here thinking I can't believe it, yet I can't believe I can't believe it! Of course that useless pustual was going to get another movie, it was written in the wind... yet I'm surprised! I can't believe I'm surprised about it! I think my brain just crashed... somebody reboot me...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed that as of late, there has been quite a bit of discussion, here at MC, regarding the subject of... that time of the month... :crazy: :batty:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
There, there, Snowthy, it's okay. Here, have a chocolate-dipped pretzel. Sweet AND salty, nom nom nom! :wink:

------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, this was last night, and it wasn't necessrily something I SAW, but rather, something I heard...

So, I was listening to Delilah on the radio last night, and her Delilah's Dilemma for that night came from this 80-year-old man who was looking for a new woman in his life, because his wife of 58 years just up and left him because apparently after 58 years of mrriage, she "needed space so she could find herself".

*Brain makes short-circuiting sounds*

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Ack...my last ex liked that radio show...I couldn't stand it! So pithy.

After 58 years she just realized she needed space? Er...slow reaction time much?

-------------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
not seen, found out.

Dave Grohl plays Satan in The Pick of Destiny. Mind=blown

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All week long, PBS has been pre-empting it's normal programming for full-length Curious George movies... I've NEVER seen movies on PBS before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I just read the most ridiculous thing today...

This guy in Vermont is suing Chick-fil-A, because he claims they plagerized their business slogan "Eat mor chikin" from his business slogan which is "Eat more kale".

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I never will understand why ANYONE pays more than, say, $12-20 for a decent haircut. Or uses clothing which has to be drycleaned.
I know this post is kind of old, but I must say this: where on earth do you live, 'cause I WANNA MOVE THERE. :concern: Seriously, in the city I live in getting a decent haircut is usually about $40-50 a pop, and that's the cheapest for a simple cut and straighten. Don't even get me started on colour, because that ranges anywhere from $100-300. It's ridiculous!

As for the dry cleaning thing, I find that so long as the fabric is made out of artificial fibers you can usually just put it through a cold rinse on the gentle cycle, then just drape it everywhere and let it dry that way. No dry cleaning for me! :big_grin: Of course, if it's a wool or silk garment, however, you're out of luck.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I never will understand why ANYONE pays more than, say, $12-20 for a decent haircut. Or uses clothing which has to be drycleaned.
I... definitely pay $40 for my haircuts. Granted, I have a specific look I usually go for (slanted bangs, layered, cut in an A-line, etc.), and I like nicer salons. I only get my hair cut about three times a year, so when I do I like to be pampered. Just a little. I like to think of it as a nice treat.