The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, I just got through having a very weird conversation with somebody. Where to begin? (Sorry, this is going to be a bit long).

Well, today, while on youtube, I made comments on a few videos. One was on a clip from an episode of "Full House", the other was on a clip from an episode of "Kids Incorporated". Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of either shows, but they're guilty pleasures for me.

Anyhow, some girl inboxes me saying (with very poor grammar, I might add). "I like that show alot. CanI watch it?". Well obviously I didn't know what she was talking about, as she didn't specify anything. So I replied back, "Sorry, you totally lost me. What show are you talking about". She said to me "Kids Incorporated. I love that show. Can I watch it". I felt she was making a mistake, so very politely I said, "Sorry, I don't have any episodes. But there are plently on youtube, I'm sure".

Well, this kid kept inboxing me every five minutes, with the topic of her message acting as the title of the message every time. She went on to repeatedly tell me about how she had a major crush on one of the guys from "Kids Inc.". Well, that's nice, I guess, but being a guy, I really couldn't care less. And she kept asking me the same darn questions every time she sent me a message. Being the easy going person that I am, I kept politely replying.

But eventually, this got out of hand. She set me a message saying, "Your the same age as me right?". I'm thinking to myself, "How the heck should I know?! Besides, why do you want to know that? Isn't that a bit personal". I basically sent that thought to her (though more politely). Then she said something like, "oh sorry. I just don't want to be kidnapped and expletive deleted by you".

I was really getting weirded out (and annoyed) by this, but being the polite person I am, I thought that maybe she was kidding. Either way, I got another reply from her that said "I don't want to be expletive deleted by you. I don't like Michael Jackson". So finally I blocked her, which I should have done earlier.

This person was either a troll or somone with serious mental problems.
Very odd, indeed. But, hey, it's far from the weirdest thing ever.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That's so strange that she messaged you all those strange things. Probably a smart decision to block her.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
That's hilarious. I'd have bleeped out her name and posted it on Failblog.

-----------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd have bleeped out her name and posted it on Failblog.

-----------
Don't tell me, let me guess: yet ANOTHER uselessly useless social media website that's supposed to compete with Facebook and Twitter, and now tumblr, and Pinterest, and all these other knockoff sites that nobody can keep up with?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So in other words, it's tumblr (which is Twitter with pictures) with memes?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No...

You don't have your own blog and submissions are reviewed before they are put up...

Hubert

Reaction score
So today there were at least five people in my area who apparently passed out at different area churches and had to be taken to the hospital.