The I Love Snuffy thread

Gonzo14

Reaction score
does anyone else think that Snuffleupagus is way underapreciated, he's awesome, who's with me?

BEAR

Reaction score
I don't think I would call him under appreciated at all. From what I have observed, he is fairly popular and I know a lot of people who absolutely LOVE Snuffy like he is their fav character. I think he is way towards the top.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like Snuffy's pretty popular. I've noticed he had quite a few story lines this season. I guess it just seems that way because with Elmo getting all the air time these days, all characters seem underappreciated. Lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do love Snuffy! Especially when he makes his entrance, and they play that funky little tune, that sounds so...well, Snuffy!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
what I meant is that he hasn't been in as many Sesame Street movies as others have

BEAR

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
what I meant is that he hasn't been in as many Sesame Street movies as others have

There have only been two major (theatrical) movies and he was in the very first one. The more important one and he had a pretty good sized part in it. Remember that was even around the time when he was still "imaginary". He wasn't in Grouchland because he is a lucky sucker who got out of doing it. As far as I know he has appeared in all or most of the specials, and christmas shows. I think he is doing fine.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I love Snuffy! :smile:

When I was little and would be at my grandparents' during the day (Mommy worked at Ft. Knox and Daddy worked around the local area as a farmer---they both still do their thang), sometimes after SS I would cut off 2 strands of my grandmother's yarn (in the "red" family), tape one strand to my nose, tuck the other in the behind of my shorts, and crawl around in slow motion pretendin' to be Snuffy.

"Oh, dear..." :embarrassed:

Really!

I did!

:stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I actually think that Herry is more underareciated than Snuffy. After all, Snuffy is still a major character while herry has hardly been on the show since the format changed (and possibly before that). While Herry seemed to be a main character in the street plots during the years that Frank Oz was frequently unavailible for street scenes and his characters weren't beign performed by other performers in his absence, Herry would be the main blue monster on the street while Cookie Monster and grover would basically be the monsters who appeared in other productions. Herry only had one line (done by another performer) in Follow That Bird, and didn't appear at all in Elmo In grouchland, and he rarely had any major roles in the various Sesame Street specials (the most major he has had in a Sesame Street special was in the 20th anniverary special). he hardly (if ever) appeared in Sesame Street Live, and I am not sure if a herry walk-around was built for Sesame Place.

I like Snuffy, too, but I like Herry better.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I actually think that Herry is more underareciated than Snuffy. After all, Snuffy is still a major character while herry has hardly been on the show since the format changed (and possibly before that). While Herry seemed to be a main character in the street plots during the years that Frank Oz was frequently unavailible for street scenes and his characters weren't beign performed by other performers in his absence, Herry would be the main blue monster on the street while Cookie Monster and grover would basically be the monsters who appeared in other productions. Herry only had one line (done by another performer) in Follow That Bird, and didn't appear at all in Elmo In grouchland, and he rarely had any major roles in the various Sesame Street specials (the most major he has had in a Sesame Street special was in the 20th anniverary special). he hardly (if ever) appeared in Sesame Street Live, and I am not sure if a herry walk-around was built for Sesame Place.

I like Snuffy, too, but I like Herry better.

As a friendly suggestion, why don't you start a Herry Monster appreciation thread.