The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

G-MAN

Reaction score
I just recently bought all 5 Hitchhiker books in one volume complete with the short story "Young Zaphod Plays It Safe". They are so hilarious. I'm currently in the middle of the second book "The Restarunt At The End Of The Universe", and I just want to know if there was anyone else here that were Hitchhiker fans?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it true that Ryan Stiles was in the movie?

G-MAN

Reaction score
I don't think so, I hope to get the DVD when it comes out so I can see the movie.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I'm a fan - but more of the books and radio series than the movie - sorry, but Stephen Moore should have been Marvin...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I certainly agree with Harvey. If Steven Moore had been Marvin, i would have been happy with the movie.

G-man, if you like the books, I would certainly recomend tracking down the Radio Series. It is hilarious! Better (IMHO) than the book, tv series, or Movie (especially the latter.)

Now for a quote: "You mean you could see into my mind the whole time?" "yes." "and?" "And it amazes me that you can live in something so small."

G-MAN

Reaction score
I'm currently in Life, The Universe, And Everything right after where Arthur had his encounter with Agrajag up to the point where he, Ford, and Slartibartfast are reunited outside of the flying party. I just love that line "You multiple-me murderer". My next tasks are to get ahold of the original British Miniseries, plus the book that has the complete radio scripts and the unfinished final novel The Salmon Of Doubt. By the way I can actually see Alan Rickman as Slartibartfast.

Beauregard

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
I'm currently in Life, The Universe, And Everything right after where Arthur had his encounter with Agrajag up to the point where he, Ford, and Slartibartfast are reunited outside of the flying party. I just love that line "You multiple-me murderer". My next tasks are to get ahold of the original British Miniseries, plus the book that has the complete radio scripts and the unfinished final novel The Salmon Of Doubt. By the way I can actually see Alan Rickman as Slartibartfast.
The Salmon of Doubt is actually a sequel to the Dirk Gently series (Holistic Detective Agency, and Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul, not HHGTTG)

Also, I wish someone would write an ending to "Young Zaphod Plays it Safe."

Also (lots of alsos) if you want me to send you a couple of clips from the series with the voices in so you can get a picture of them, gimme a shout.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
The Salmon of the Doubt almost became a Hitchhiker book, intended to pick up on some of the threads laid down in the Second Radio Series. Only the title remained constant on the basis that it was equally irrelevant to either verison of the story...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
The Salmon of the Doubt almost became a Hitchhiker book, intended to pick up on some of the threads laid down in the Second Radio Series. Only the title remained constant on the basis that it was equally irrelevant to either verison of the story...
Really? Does this mean that Douglas intended Dirk and the HHGTTG to take place in the same universe? Was Thor therefore the same Thor that fell in love with Trillian?

Here4's a good page: http://www.empirenet.com/~dljones/