The Henson Connection

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
by "minor muppetz"

Rules:

"The Henson Conncections", where I mention some non-Henson/ Muppet/ Sesame Street production, book, or well-known person not regularly involved with the muppets, and each member posts one connection per post. I can pick a new subject every day (or whenever it looks like we have run out of connections).

Here are some examples:

TV/ Film production: Saturday Night Live.
1 connection: The Muppets made regular guest appearances during the shows first season.
2nd connection: Muppet performer Frank Oz has appeared in many movies with original SNL cast member Dan Akroyd, including both Blues brothers movies, Trading Places, and Spies Like Us (I think Dan Akroyd was in that).

Book connection: The Wizard of Oz.
1 connection: The muppets mad etheir own movie, The Muppets Wizard of oz, which was based on the original book.

well-known person: Leena Horn.
1 example: Leena Horne has made at least three appearances on Sesame Street, including the time that she sang "being green" with Kermit, when she sang "the alphabet song" with the anything muppets, and when she sang "How do you do?" with Grover.
2nd example: leena Horne was a gues tstar during the first season of The Muppet Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought that I would be able to pick a connection first, since I suggested this game.

Anyway, my first connection: The Beatles.

Henson-Beatles connection:
The beatles song Octopuses garden has been performed by The Muppets on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1971 (i think that's the year), on Sesame Street in 1969, and on The Muppet Show in the third season epsiode with James Coco.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
how do we play
Something that has some connections with The Jim Henson Company gets chosen. After that, whenever something is listed, each poster lists one connection in each post, and try to wait awhile before posting another connection (Don't just keep posting right after you post). You can wait untill after somebody posts a connection, or you can wait a few minutes to post a connection.

I chose The Beatles as the first connection. At the end of the day, or sometime tomorrow, I will pick somebody to choose something else for us to make connections to. It would be somebody who has made a connection. Then that person would choose another subject, and that person would choose who gets to make the next connection.

The topic can be a person, place, or program (TV/ film/ book/ stage production).

You can read my first example for an idea of how to make a connection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, it's been awhile since anybody last posted a connection between Henson and The beatles, so I will post another connection.

In one of their last appearances on saturday Night Live, Scred and The Mighty Favog told Chevy Chase to tell Lorne Michaels that if The Muppets continue to appear on the show, they can get The beatles to appear on the show for free. Of course, the Muppets didn't continue to appear, and the beatles couldn't all have a reunion on the show (Ironically, John Lennon, the first of the beatles to die, was the only beatle to never make any guest appearances on SNL).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
1. The beatles song Octopuses garden has been performed by The Muppets on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1971 (i think that's the year), on Sesame Street in 1969, and on The Muppet Show in the third season epsiode with James Coco.

2. Sesame Street released the album Sesame Road, which is all Beatles parodies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
1. The beatles song Octopuses garden has been performed by The Muppets on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1971 (i think that's the year), on Sesame Street in 1969, and on The Muppet Show in the third season epsiode with James Coco.

2. Sesame Street released the album Sesame Road, which is all Beatles parodies.
I said to list one connection per post. Besides, the first one you listed was already posted by me, unless you were keeping track of the connections listed. If that is the case, then you didn't mention my post about the muppets offering to get the beatles on Saturday ight Live.

Anyway, here is another connection:

On Sesame Street, there was a Beatles parody group called The Beetles, who performed songs such as Letter B (a parody of Let It Be) and Hey Food (a parody of Hey Jude).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Sorry dude, I opened the thread before you made your next post. I was adding on, following your rules. And I don't even get a "thanks for trying"?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Sorry dude, I opened the thread before you made your next post. I was adding on, following your rules. And I don't even get a "thanks for trying"?
Okay, thanks for trying. I guess it's okay if you want to keep track of all connections. And, of course, you can add another connection.