"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I said this on Facebook, but I'm worried about how this will affect the Muppets and Sesame Street. Even though they are clearly saying that this is not them I can't help but wonder if people will still say something about this is not the Muppets or Sesame.
That's just ignorant parents always assuming puppet stuff is for kids.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's just ignorant parents always assuming puppet stuff is for kids.
Yeah, i've heard stories about parents getting freaked out because they took their kids to Avenue Q.
It's so flipping stupid. If you plan to see something and don't want to scar your children/be offended/grossed out, then actually research what you're going to see. Especially now, all you have to do is see the rating on the trailer or look at the parents guide on IMDB.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The TV ads for Avenue Q clearly say that it's for adults only, so why do parents take their kids to it anyway?

Reminds me of when Ryan Reynolds had to tell parents not to take their kids to see Deadpool because even though it's R-rated and strictly for adults, they dragged their kids to it anyway because kids love superhero movies and they somehow thought it was kid-friendly.

I have a feeling that the very same thing will happen with Happytime Murders because parents will think it's family-friendly Muppets or Sesame Street.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The TV ads for Avenue Q clearly say that it's for adults only, so why do parents take their kids to it anyway?
Because parents today spoil their kids and this is why we have nanny reality shows.

Reminds me of when Ryan Reynolds had to tell parents not to take their kids to see Deadpool because even though it's R-rated and strictly for adults, they dragged their kids to it anyway because kids love superhero movies and they somehow thought it was kid-friendly.

I have a feeling that the very same thing will happen with Happytime Murders because parents will think it's family-friendly Muppets or Sesame Street.
Yup, it will, and there will be change.org petitions to make it G and parents whining "mah baby wuz expozed 2 dis movie and it had bad language!!!!11111!!!! Dis movie iz puppet bait and da producers shud b ashamed!!!1111!!!"

It's gonna happen. I have powers that predict the future.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Saw the trailer recently. I have no problem with its raunchiness, it's just similar to what I'm already familiar with from Crank Yankers.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Saw the trailer recently. I have no problem with its raunchiness, it's just similar to what I'm already familiar with from Crank Yankers.
I made this same comparison in the Muppet Fans confession thread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess I'm not at all surprised that Bill Barretta is performing the lead puppet in the movie - he's always kind of been Henson's edgiest puppeteer.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I guess I'm not at all surprised that Bill Barretta is performing the lead puppet in the movie - he's always kind of been Henson's edgiest puppeteer.
I just saw the trailer this weekend, and yeah, the lead character does have a Johnny Fiama feel to him.

It looks...crude and awful and wonderful. Yeah, I'll watch that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
OK so, like, this is kind of a moral dilemma...

I really want to support this movie because it's The Jim Henson Company and I want them to make other things, I also hope that if the movie does well then there will be more puppet movies. But what if it gets awful reviews, should I still go to see it and support a terrible movie?

IDK, maybe this is stupid because the movie isn't even out yet and we have no idea how it'll do one way or the other. But, hypothetically what do you guys think?

Last edited: