1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Green Album" track list and album artwork

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

[​IMG]

1. OK Go: “Muppet Show Theme”
    2. Weezer and Paramore’s Hayley Williams: “Rainbow Connection”
    3. The Fray: “Mahna Mahna”
    4. Alkaline Trio: “Moving Right Along”
    5. My Morning Jacket: “Our World”
    6. Amy Lee: “Halfway Down the Stairs”
    7. Sondre Lerche: “Mr. Bassman”
    8. The Airborne Toxic Event: “Wishing Song”
    9. Atreyu’s Brandon Saller and Good Charlotte’s Billy Martin: “Night Life”
    10. Andrew Bird: “Bein’ Green”
    11. Matt Nathanson: “I Hope That Something Better Comes Along”
    12. Rachael Yamagata: “I’m Going to Go Back There Someday”

Release Date is August 23!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Looks great!
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

only track i dont recognize is our world
  4. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

"Our World" is from Emmit Otter... Which I thought was owned by Henson and not Disney.. odd
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

YAY! Stan Smith's favorite band!

Is this supposed to be what Muppets Revisited is...was...? Seriously... how long did we have to wait for this little gem? Not that I'm complaining at all. We finally got it!
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This was announced two years ago at the same event that a certain long-awaited four-DVD set was announced. Hopefully you-know-what will get an announced release date soon...
  7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

8. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

Awesome this is finally coming. My Morning Jacket can cheer up a little since the other Muppet-related project they were going to do got canned. Jim James always talks about how much of an influence the Muppets were on him. They have been one of my fave bands for so long, even if the last two albums are pretty bad...
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Imagine OKGo making a video for the Muppet Show Theme after watching this:​

11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I can imagine a trip through the Muppet Theater in the same vein. Oooh, that would be sweet.
  12. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

kinda bummed that The Muppets arent singing with the artist.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Whatt? No Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Florence and the Machine, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Killers, Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, MGMT, Animal Collective, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Grizzly Bear, Metric, Muse, etc? I thought this was suppose to be a collection of hip newer artists? :) (maybe im a bit of an indie hipster, ha)

I do like some of OK Go though...just an odd choice of artists

Also, no "Can You Picture That" cover???
  14. minor muppetz

I wonder how some of the songs that weren't written for the Muppets were chosen. Mahna Mahna makes sense, but I feel Wishing Song and Mr. Bassman are a bit odd choices for some reason. Why not Turn the World Around or Rockin' Robin or We Got Us?

I have noticed that all of the Muppet Show songs featured are songs that have been released on Muppet albums. Why not some songs done on the show that didn't get a Muppet release?
  15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

This looks awesome. I will be buying.

I do like the art work on that CD as well.
  16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Waitaminute... are there any actual Muppets singing on this cd?!? I sure hope so. I dunno, I just heard about this album a few days ago, just assumed that it was the name of the soundtrack for the new movie. Duh me I guess, ha ha. :p
    frogboy4 likes this.
  17. minor muppetz

No, as far as I know, it is only cover artists (and I've only heard of a small number of them).

One thing that would have been cool would be if this album included a track from The Moopets. Though maybe it'd make sense after the new movie came out, when more people would be aware of those characters. And yet it would make sense to come before, since it'd be before the Muppets got back together.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

We don't know to what extent the Moopets will do in the movie, and even then, I'm sure movie related stuff will come out closer to the movie than that. Wasn't this album around for 2 years before the release?
  19. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing. Interesting that they combined parts from the fifth season version and the first season.

This song also been added to Muppet Central Radio. I'll add the other songs as soon as we're able to get them (hopefully before the release date).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.