The Great Weight Loss Race

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:

Kimp, you don't need to weigh in every day. You won't see much difference that way. Try just logging in your weight weekly. The results may look better.

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Ok Yeah Ok No Ok Maybe We Will See

Not criticizing. You are of course free to do whatever the heck you want. Just a suggestion. Because if you record your weight every single day, it won't tell you much. weight fluctuates day to day any way and there won't be much difference than if you check it after a week. Believe me, I never realized before. :smile:

superfan

Reaction score
I agree, Bear!
It's tempting to weigh yourself everyday, but it adds to your frustration, or gives you false hope. I was 240 yesterday morning...and that's good enough for me! (well, until next week, anyway)
Intake of water, food, going to the bathroom, exercise, or lack or thereof..all contributing factors that vary daily to your weight.

superfan

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
yeah i know i'm sorry please don't ban ,e
Don't apologize, dude. We're also saying this for anyone else who might not know.

BEAR

Reaction score
superfan said:
Don't apologize, dude. We're also saying this for anyone else who might not know.

Yeah, and it is also a reminder for myself. It is so tempting to see how much weight I may have lost. People who try to lose 20 lbs in a week tend to do that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Holy cow! I went to the doctor and I GAINED 3 POUNDS!!

superfan

Reaction score
Don't worry, FozzieBear...you gained 3 lbs of MUSCLE MASS!! Yes! Um, check out your biceps, man! They're huge! :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well, I have to add in my two cents.

I think it is good that you all are doing this. I was over weight years ago until I started to run. 6 years later, I'm 70 pounds lighter, about 168 I believe and I'm 5'10".

I eat healthy stuff like apples and grapes, green beans to brocolli, chicken to fish. I eat no fast foods. I might have a hamburger once a week or once every two weeks. I eat fries once a week or once every two weeks. I don't eat chips or ice cream either. I drink a lot of water on a daily bases and I might drink a coke every once and a while.

And oh ya, I run about 32 miles four days a week either outside or inside on a treadmill at my gym. I can run 8 miles in an hour!!

Now my problem is I'm addicted to the gym and go nuts if I eat something sweet like candy thinking I'm going to gain 30 pounds, etc, even though I'm continuing to lose more weight, which is probably muscle I'm losing now, although I burn so many calories I get hungry all the time and my parents say I look like I have aids since I'm really skinny now.

Anyway, good luck to all of you with your weight loss. Remember, don't stop for nothing. Keep on going and keep it up. To many people start a losing weight program and then after a few weeks they're back to eating bad foods and not exercising.

If any of you people need any advice, feel free to send me a message through here or e-mail me.

ryan