The Great Muppet Caper

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love this movie! I don't remember if I saw this one or TMTM first when I was young. I know that they were shown on like HBO and since my parents had a cool "new" VCR they taped them for me. Anyway, my favorite lines/parts of the movie would be:

In the balloon reading the credits and Fozzie says "What does BSC stand for?" and then "Who reads this stuff anyway" and Kermit's like "They all have families" Then they're like, are they done yet and Kermit says, "Nope one more" and Jim Henson's name pops up. It's kind of cute.

Gonzo yelling stop the presses in the newsroom.

Lady Holiday's critiquing of the models, she's just so rude to them it just cracks me up!

Gonzo hailing a taxi.

When riding in the EM bus and Piggy says "Are these all your friends?" and Kermit's like, "Just the ones on the fenders"

"Look daddy, it's a bear!" "No, that's a frog, bears wear hats"

Pat your head, rub your stomach at the same time/walk and chew gum at the same time

What color are their hands now?

I've got some paper towels!

"You must have left it in your other pants" "I don't have no other pants"

Oscar (when asked what he's doing there) "A very cheap cameo" Truck driver (can't remember the actor's name right now) "Me too"

And there's just so many more. I really actually love this movie and used to think it was how the Muppets got together when I was little until I saw the Muppet Movie. But anyway, it's a great movie, lots of fun.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like the running gag of the bed going back up into the wall and that exact same lightbulb falling out, it never gets old! lol

I also liked the part where Kermit is trying to convice the gang to stop the bad guys from stealing the fabulous baseball diamon (ha ha) and they all have an excuse why they can't go. I'm not sure if I'm getting this exactly right but I believe when they're all talking at once, Janice say, "It's like this, Kermit, I have to go to work all day. Hand out alfalfa sprouts and lots of other good things!" Lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The number of Muppets who stayed at the hotel is smalled compared to all of the Muppets that were around then. Miss Piggy and Sweetums didn't stay there, and it's not like the Sesame Street cast was at the hotel.

Other muppets who were around then (and were still frequently used on The Muppet Show around the last season) who weren't at the hotel include Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, Foo Foo (she would have probably been with Miss Piggy), Geri and the Atrics, Bobby Benson, Thog, Nigel, and Mildred (okay, so the last few may not have been entirely active, but they would have fit in). There were also no monsters at the hotel.

One thing that I've often wondered about the opening song. Was Sweetums trying to be noticed or something? When he appears in the background he suddenly looks at the camera, and then in the next shot, as Fozzie and Gonzo get out of the balloon he appears and looks at the camera. Then, after a little bit of mayhem occurs, he starts running before falling into the sewer. Was he running, trying to become part of the movie? Was he trying to stop all of the craziness that was beginning to happen? What's the deal?

Regarding Lips, Lips is one of my favorite characters, and one of the reasons why The Great Muppet Caper is one of my favorites. I usually get annoyed when I see something around that time period (1980-1984-ish) that features the rest of the band but not Lips. I also get mildly annoyed when I see GMC merchandise that does not feature Lips but features almost every other main character from the film (so the two planning scenes from the movie bug me slightly). Also, I didn't know there was a comic book adaption, unless the person who mentioned it got the movie mixed up with The Muppets Take Manhattan, which did get a comic book adaption.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Some of the parts I like are,

Kermit lines, "That's ok, they don't mind!"

Fozzie lines, "That took a lot out of me!"

Gonzo lines, TAXI!!!!!!!

The Eletric Mayhem lines, Floyd "Yeah, it'll be a lot of fun going out and risking our lives"

Sam lines, "At times like these, I am proud to be an American."

Piggy lines "They don't have to play so loud!"

Beau, What color are there hands now?

Scooter and Rowlf, I love thier excuses.

Just a few lines I like:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Actually, I think I'm wrong. Oscar's line is "a very BRIEF cameo, not a very CHEAP cameo." Oops. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Speaking of fave moments: In the opening sequence when it goes something like this--

Fozzie: Wonder what this would be like without the balloon?
Kermit: What? Plummeting?
Gonzo: I'd like to try that--
Kermit: I suppose you could try it once, but we need you for the movie.

When Lady Holiday is going off about her brother, Piggy asks, "Why are you telling me this?"
Lady Holiday: "It's plot exposition--it has to go somewhere!"
I love when they break character like that.
Sorry, Fozzie. It actually goes more like this...

Gonzo: Woo-wee!! I'd like to try this without the balloon.
Kermit: Try what? Plummeting?
Gonzo: Yeah!
Kermit: I suppose you could try it once.

Gonzo: I wonder how far you could plummet before you blacked out.
Kermit: Well, don't try it, Gonzo. We need you for this movie.
Gonzo: Sure it tempting.

Sorry, it is just one of my favorite Muppet scenes ever.

BEAR

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I love this movie! I don't remember if I saw this one or TMTM first when I was young. I know that they were shown on like HBO and since my parents had a cool "new" VCR they taped them for me. Anyway, my favorite lines/parts of the movie would be:

In the balloon reading the credits and Fozzie says "What does BSC stand for?" and then "Who reads this stuff anyway" and Kermit's like "They all have families" Then they're like, are they done yet and Kermit says, "Nope one more" and Jim Henson's name pops up. It's kind of cute.
I like that part too. Not only was it Jim's name that popped up, but it was his name under the title of "director" for the first time.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I like that part too. Not only was it Jim's name that popped up, but it was his name under the title of "director" for the first time.
That's right. I thought it said director, but I couldn't remember for sure.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha... Good to do one of these types of posts again...

1 Princeton: "Do you expect me to believe all the Muppets made up to that point lived in that hotel?
No Mr. Princeton... We expect you to die!
Sorry, couldn't resist the James Bond reference there.

2 Oh Bo... You and your Muppet cannon...
3 Beth, the actor driving the truck was Petr Ustinov.
4 Just a few little things I need to complete TGMC for the Muppet Listings, though I don't think I'll get 'em anytime soon.
The name of the actor who portrayed the Airplane Baggage Handler, the guy who keeps tossing the Muppets out of the plane when in the sky.
The names of all four models, I have the actress's names, just need the character names...
And to match photos of the actresses with the two whose names I did hear when Lady Holiday was critiquing them: Beverly and Marie.

Hope this helps you guys out... Enjoy the movie!