The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island coming to Blu-ray December 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Disney's back with another awesome Blu-Ray release. MTI and GMC are both coming to Blu-Ray on December 10th 2013 in a double feature release set. Yes, you read that right.
It's weird they're putting these two together, since the two movies don't have to do much with each other, but it's pretty awesome you can now get two Muppet movies for the price of three. :laugh:

So..we've been complaining about The Muppet Movie cover for a while now. But when seeing this one, I come to appreciate the other one.

AAAAHH! THERE'S A FLAT FACE KERMIT ON IT! Why are we still seeing that thing?!
Haven't we seen those Bunsen and Beakers without the pirate costumes on?

Look: Here's the same Beaker without the pirate costume:

See! They just Photoshopped the pirate clothes right on to Bunsen and Beaker! Talk about lazy!

Otherwise, I'm excited. Love these two movies, and would be cool to see it on Blu-Ray. All I have to do now is actually get a Blu-Ray player. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think that cover is so bad.... For a double-feature release.

I would have expected one of these to come out closer to the release of Muppets Most Wanted.

I think I saw an Amazon listing that also had blu-ray listings for both movies separately.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I hate that cover, and I hate that their packaged together.

But I do like that we only have to wait til the end of the year to get the remaining theatrical Muppet movies on Blu-ray lol.

The one good thing about them being packaged together is that it'll take up less shelf space (something that is becoming increasingly important to me haha). But in this case I wouldn't mind having two cases instead of one because I put my Muppet movies in theatrical-release order on the shelf. The question for me will be whether this goes between The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Take Manhattan, or between Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets From Space lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate that cover, and I hate that their packaged together.
Except, you must realize how delightfully low cost it's going to be. I've seen these Disney Double sets before, and they're a fairly good price. Cheaper than buying them both if they released them separately. Unfortunately, they don't tend to have much for special features that the regular DVD's didn't. At least as far as the other double disks go.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if this release includes The Making of Muppet Treasure Island special that aired on The Disney Channel in 1996. I'm surprised Disney opted for a different behind-the-scenes feature for the original DVD release. Of course that's also depending on if Disney wants to include behind-the-scenes footage that shows the performers (does last years Muppet Christmas Carol release have any behind-the-scenes features with the performers?). This would also be a good opportunity to release the Muppet Treasure Island Sing-Along video as a bonus (again, something I'm surprised wasn't on the previous releases).

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I'm quite disappointed, I was really looking forward to purchasing both movies and this is probably my OCD talking but there is no way I will buy it now. I thought it was a guarantee we'd get a quality Great Muppet Caper release next year when the new movie premiered and instead we get this?

On the other hand if both films come on separate disks i'll go ahead and buy them, i'm sure I'll come across some much nicer covers online and i'll just make my own different sets. I'm already doing that with the Muppet movie.

I know it was a long shot before and now even more but Muppets Go to The Movies TGMC extra please?:fanatic:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Maybe this is just me being in a really rotten mood right now but really? People are complaining about this? Sheesh. Aw, the dvd cover is ugly so I won't buy it. Aw, both movies are included but I would rather spend more money buying them separatelythan take the cheaper alternative. Be happy you're getting a blue ray release at all.

Double feature dvds/blue rays are usually a heck of a lot cheaper than if you bought the movies separately.

I probably won't be buying this simply because I like neither movie. Although, I do wonder why they put GMC and MTI together. it is a strange combination.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe this is just me being in a really rotten mood right now but really? People are complaining about this? Sheesh. Aw, the dvd cover is ugly so I won't buy it. Aw, both movies are included but I would rather spend more money buying them separatelythan take the cheaper alternative. Be happy you're getting a blue ray release at all.
Quoted for truth.

Between this and Scooter singing some Maroon 5 bit, we're going down the slippery slope of annoyingly unpleasable, impossible jerkish fanbase. We don't want to be Sonic or Transformers fans that complain about eye colors and flames painted on.

As for the covers... get over it. We'll never ever have a Drew Struzan cover on these things. Look at all the other DVD's on the shelf around them. They're all made out of stock art. Does flat head Kermit look terrible, and should Disney have gone with one of their new posers that look much, much better? Absolutely. I agree to that. I gotta say, I love the double cover concept.

I probably won't be buying this simply because I like neither movie. Although, I do wonder why they put GMC and MTI together. it is a strange combination.

Not really, when you think about how they already released MCC, TM, and TMM as Blue all separate before. It's just easier to get the last 2 movies they own out of the way.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Cover arts might seem stupid but i'll tell you one thing they really sway my decision. The movie always comes first but if I already own it then the cover always makes a big difference. I remember when Muppet Magic was re-released had it not been for the cover I probably wouldn't have bought it again. Same goes for the new release of It's a very Muppet Christmas movie, I liked the new cover so I bought it.

Had this been something I didn't already own (Muppets Most Wanted) i'll take what I can get. The only reason i'll buy The Muppet movie is for the few new special features and nothing else. Now if these new releases come with some nice features i'll buy it regardless but if it's just the two movies with a cover i'm not fond of then know... a nicer package would have changed my mind.

It might sound stupid but the packaging does do a lot and sometimes if the film has been seen multiple times or is available in other formats it does help.

The new series under the dome is cool but not my favourite but they have this really cool package for the first season and if I have money left over that has swayed my decision into buying it.

It might sound stupid to some but that's how I feel about this, plain lazy. So much work went into these two films and they can't even bother to present it with the respect it deserves and then i'll be happy :smile:

thanks just how I feel :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't hate the cover. Sure, they could've done better, but I'm not going to complain. They're putting the last two Muppet movies not on Blu-ray ON Blu-ray in one fowl swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.