The Gravity Falls Thread

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Grunkle Stan is someone I'd like to have in my family! Grunkle Stan is sooooooooooooooooooooo hilarious in this cartoon! even the policemen are funny!

Drtooth

Reaction score
At least it doesn't sound like Disney's trying to sabotage the show, Cartoon Network.

Hopefully he's right about Disney and Merchandising. I saw 2 shirts at Hot Topic... Disney's full of Planes and Cars junk. I mean, Disney finally starts up the TV animation franchise again, and other than Phineas and Ferb, it seems like there's no merchandising presence of anything. And that sucks for everything but Fish Hooks. The world needs Grunkle Stan bobbleheads and Wander plushes.

If anything, I'd say that GF Funko Pop figures would be a license to print money. They already have Adventure Time, Regular Show, and MLP:FIM assortments. Why not finish that popular yet cult cartoon status and throw some Grunkle Stan and Soos toys with the Lemongrabs (which I am SOOO getting when it comes out), Musclemans, and Derpy Hooveses.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
At least it doesn't sound like Disney's trying to sabotage the show, Cartoon Network.

Hopefully he's right about Disney and Merchandising. I saw 2 shirts at Hot Topic... Disney's full of Planes and Cars junk. I mean, Disney finally starts up the TV animation franchise again, and other than Phineas and Ferb, it seems like there's no merchandising presence of anything. And that sucks for everything but Fish Hooks. The world needs Grunkle Stan bobbleheads and Wander plushes.

If anything, I'd say that GF Funko Pop figures would be a license to print money. They already have Adventure Time, Regular Show, and MLP:FIM assortments. Why not finish that popular yet cult cartoon status and throw some Grunkle Stan and Soos toys with the Lemongrabs (which I am SOOO getting when it comes out), Musclemans, and Derpy Hooveses.
I would love if funko would do old cartoon Networks shows I would kill for Cheese, Mac, and Ed

mr3urious

Reaction score
Great to see a new series of shorts, specifically Mabel-centric ones! Worth noting is the fashion episode where Soos is dressed up like Jareth from Labyrinth! :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'm curious, did anyone ever watch Eureka's Castle on Nickelodeon? For some reason, one of the characters sounds like Mabel!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Mr3urious, There was originally gonna be an episode centered on a Labyrinth-like plot, which would've discovered more about Dipper's fear of puppets, but Disney canned the episode because they didn't think people were going to get the reference.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Mr3urious, There was originally gonna be an episode centered on a Labyrinth-like plot, which would've discovered more about Dipper's fear of puppets, but Disney canned the episode because they didn't think people were going to get the reference.
Now that's an interesting episode I'd like to see! I hope they reconsider it in the future!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bull. Absolute bull, by the way. I'm sure there's a huge Venn Diagram overlap of those who watch Gravity Falls and those who watched Labyrinth.

And hey... that didn't stop Arthur, a young kid's cartoon, from doing a whole plot reference to Kafka's Metamorphosis. A simple reference to a cult movie shouldn't be that esoteric.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Alex Hirsch has recently been teasing us about a possible game adaptation.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#SuperSmashGrunkle&src=hash

I'm hoping for a point-and-click adventure game or an RPG myself. Wayforward seems like the most likely candidate given their good track record with licensed games, and since this is a Disney property, why not have Capcom tag along, too! :smile: