The Good Dinosaur Trailer

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I think It Looks Fantastic and plan to bring my 7 year old nephew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm far more excited than I have been for this movie after actually seeing things in action.

Considering the kicked off one of the directors and reshuffled the cast, I was a bit skeptic. Especially since Judy Grier was originally in the film. That kinda sucks since, considering her role in Jurassic World, she would have been in 2 freaking Dinosaur movies in a single year. Plus, she's on Archer so... yeah... that too.

I was a bit worried about this film, but it looks like it's going to be great. This film and Inside Out really helped Pixar shake out of that slump ever since Cars 2.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks like there's going to be a lot of quieter, dialogue-free moments like the first half of WALL-E. I like that.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'm far more excited than I have been for this movie after actually seeing things in action.

Considering the kicked off one of the directors and reshuffled the cast, I was a bit skeptic. Especially since Judy Grier was originally in the film. That kinda sucks since, considering her role in Jurassic World, she would have been in 2 freaking Dinosaur movies in a single year. Plus, she's on Archer so... yeah... that too.

I was a bit worried about this film, but it looks like it's going to be great. This film and Inside Out really helped Pixar shake out of that slump ever since Cars 2.
I thought Monsters University was a great Film and Brave was really Imaginative my 7 year old nephew used to love Brave when it came out but has not seen it in years, I see a lot of Brave and Wall-E in The Good Dinosaur IMHO!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't get the negativity behind Monsters U. Sure, the film skewed a little more young, but technically a LOT of their films tend to anyway. They just seemed to hit a certain nerve after a while that sequelling Cars somehow derailed. But the movie's main message is a strong and smart one, especially when too many kid's films say "Hey kids! If you try very hard, you'll achieve anything, even things that defy all logic," lying through their teeth. I really like how that movie didn't exactly give the heroes what they wanted, but they managed to get a bittersweet ending after all. Makes the ending of the following story all the more poignant and even more heartwarming for Mike. brave...well, I liked what they were trying to do. And it certainly was refreshing to see a more down to Earth princess than the "overcompensatingly proactive" princess from Disney's movies. Just Wreck-It Ralph was a better film overall.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really don't get the negativity behind Monsters U. Sure, the film skewed a little more young, but technically a LOT of their films tend to anyway. They just seemed to hit a certain nerve after a while that sequelling Cars somehow derailed. But the movie's main message is a strong and smart one, especially when too many kid's films say "Hey kids! If you try very hard, you'll achieve anything, even things that defy all logic," lying through their teeth. I really like how that movie didn't exactly give the heroes what they wanted, but they managed to get a bittersweet ending after all. Makes the ending of the following story all the more poignant and even more heartwarming for Mike. brave...well, I liked what they were trying to do. And it certainly was refreshing to see a more down to Earth princess than the "overcompensatingly proactive" princess from Disney's movies. Just Wreck-It Ralph was a better film overall.
Wreck it Ralph wasn't a Pixar movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nope. But it was a Disney movie, and considering Disney's other CGI output independent of Pixar was inconsistent at the time, Wreck-it Ralph offered a deeper, sweeter, more involved movie than Pixar's Brave. Not that Brave doesn't have it's fans, but WIR has a deeper cult following, and Brave's pity Oscar win totally ticked the Wreck-It Ralph fans off. Also the Paranorman fans, but that's complicating things.

With films like Dinosaur (which I now refer to as "The Bad Dinosaur"), Chicken Little (which I dig, actually) and Meet the Robinsons (which is kinda fun), you wouldn't have thought that Disney themselves would out-do Pixar, a movie company so incredibly tied to deep, tear jearking animated films. But Brave, even though it spoke to people, fell flat and Ralph basically gave us one of the best underdog stories and delightfully subverted the Disney Princess (the latter all in the span of less than a couple minutes). Shame that WIR isn't a major Disney Brand.

Funny thing is, I think if Brave were traditionally animated, and by an independent studio, everyone would be gushing over it. But because it's Pixar, they expect something more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Looks like The Good Dinosaur is getting pretty mixed reviews,with most critics saying the animation was a huge leap forward for the studio but that it really lacked in terms of story.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I saw The Good Dinosaur today, and I loved it, the visuals were stunning, the Score was Magnificent, and it had all the heart of the best Pixar films It had me and my dad in tears in the end kind of similar to how we were after inside out! so IMHO It was just as good as Inside Out but a totally different film then Inside Out tonally !!!!!!!!!

one thing I dug about the score was it reminded me of a Western and so did the Film with Sam Shepard and the T-Rex's, the score had a feel to it like Brave Heart as well which I loved also!!!!!!!!

cathicks

Reaction score
one thing I dug about the score was it reminded me of a Western and so did the Film with Sam Shepard and the T-Rex's, the score had a feel to it like Brave Heart as well which I loved also!!!!!!!!
Speaking of Westerns.... Craig Berkey was the sound designer for Good Dino. His previous credits include westerns like True Grit and No Country For Old Men.