The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern

puppetsmith

Reaction score
That's cool, mrhogg. The mouthplate was meant to be experimented with. The posterboard or stiffened felt pieces in the instructions were meant to be a starting point. I meant the basic shape of the head and body should not be altered for the contest.

And as far as being generous, hey if you enter a contest you want the prize to be something worth winning right? :smile: I hope the prize will be an incentive for a lot of submissions.

mrhogg

Reaction score
That's cool about the mouthplate, and you're definitely right about the prizing.

The great thing about the sock puppet pattern is that it's quick to assemble the basics. You get a great sense of accomplishment in a very short time.

seanomalley

Reaction score
:smile: I'M IN!
-I've already started my character design!

-Sean
PS this is a great Idea!

rtgentry

Reaction score
That prize sounds awesome!@

I will be placing my order for my sock puppet soon. I cant wait..

Thanks Pasha

Dagger Claws

Reaction score
I'm in!!

I just bought my own glorified pattern yesterday and am waiting for my payment to clear. So I should be getting it very soon. I'm totally in for this and would be willing to enter. Just as long as I can get my pattern in time for the start of things off. Quick questions, though. ONE: Do you want drawings or illustrations included with the pictures that are sent in of the puppets? TWO: Is there going to be a specific amount of folks who can enter the contest? A cut off number? THREE: Do you have any idea about how much time you are willing to give for entries to be sent? I ask this because for folks who either just got their pattern or are waiting or just bought theirs, can we have enough time to get our patterns, develop an character, and sent it out to you?

Thanks alot, and great idea!

Marc

wes

Reaction score
What a great way to get people to order your pattern I know I will. I have to get my Wife to give me some money for the pattern I like it. lets get it on!!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hi guys. So it's settled then, Project Puppet will be holding "The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest" in the very near future!

Dagger Claws, I would say a character sketch/drawing would not be necessary for entry into the contest. Some are better than others in the drawing department, so I think the emphasis should be on the final character - the puppet. That way, no matter what the technique of the builder is for character creation (some may just be able to imagine it and build it, some sculpt, some draw), the resulting character should speak volumes of the thought put behind it.

I don't think there should be a limit on entries. There will be a time limit. I'm thinking two weeks. But the two weeks hasn't started yet, so don't worry you have time, Dagger Claws.

I'm working on the "official rules" and should have them done by next week. Once that's done, the games can begin. I want to make sure everything is fair and set up so everybody has a great time. This is very exciting!

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I'm In!

Even though I already have all of the patterns you have available.... but It'll be great to join the fun.

Awesome idea guys!
-Michele