The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey all! Just wanted to let you know we have a new pattern up at Project Puppet - The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern. It's a really cool little pattern, back to basics, our ode to the sock.

It's simplicity shouldn't be underestimated, however. There are many a great glorified sock puppets - Kermit, Fraggles, ....LambChop. The "sock" puppet can be very powerful and somewhat of a challenge in the puppeteering department.

At any rate, give it a look. Check out the example puppets in the gallery - Ned Needleman and Boober Fraggle!

Oh, and I almost forgot, it's completely downloadable - the instructions and the pattern are in PDF format. You could build a sock puppet tonight!:crazy:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I can't wait until we get some pictures of our customers' characters for the gallery. It's always great to see what others do with the same pattern.

puppetise

Reaction score
could australians buy it because it looks great can you build kermit with it?

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Certainly puppetise! We've already have had a few orders from Australia.

Could you build a Kermit with it? It wouldn't be an exact replica, but you probably could build a recognizable Kermit with it. The pattern is very basic and quite versatile when it comes to characters.

puppetise

Reaction score
ok thanks ill talk to mum about it i love the pattern nice work

video567

Reaction score
wow this is pretty cool. I just bought a bunch of non antron fleece and was wondering what I could do with it, I think this will be great for this. I was wondering is there any foam involved in this pattern? just curious thanks

puppetsmith

Reaction score
There is only a small piece of foam involved in the construction of the mouthplate. It's not what I would call a foam-based puppet. The fleece slides right over your arm and hand not a foam understructure.

Hopefully that makes sense.

BuckyBits

Reaction score
Thanks for a great pattern. I bought it friday, and love the instructions. Its similar to blue boy, but your steps and photos really help and clean up of the pattern really help. I really like this pattern.

Thank you very much, I can't wait to finish. Are your other CDs similar in content? I'm now event more interested in your other patterns. Thanks