The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest!

whatadoddle

Reaction score
I am working on some finishing touches, in my new puppet cabin! I have already sent one lot of pics in, will get my daughter to take some more when my puppet is finished, thanks for the extra work time; if only life were like that!!

intozlight

Reaction score
I was a little dissappointed that you extended the deadline. With the holiday weekend, I did not find out until today. But, more importantly would have waited for the puppet fleece to make the puppet if the deadline had been the 4th all along.
But I understand your desire to accomodate everyone.

Best of luck to all who entered.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hi intozlight. We really deliberated over whether or not to extend the deadline, in the interest of being fair. And I certainly don't want you to feel disappointed. Most of the feedback we have receive has been in favor of the extension. We think limiting the extension to one week, as compared to a longer period of time, will keep it fair for everyone.

Besides that, I think your entry is great. I know that the fact that you didn't get a chance to use antron fleece will not hurt your entry in any way. Most of the entries have used other materials - polar fleece, furry fleece, fur, etc. One even used the material from a velour blanket. The use of antron fleece will definitely not be a deciding factor for the judges.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
re: Antron Fleece

This just made me thought of a quote from Ravagefrackle from the interview Sean has been running in his Puppet 101 blog:

...don’t be afraid to look at different materials - experiment. I know a lot of people like to build the “Muppet” style puppet, and they want to use the same stuff they do, but pro puppet shops are always looking at new materials and new methods. It’s important to be able to improvise. You would be surprise what using something other than fleece can do to a puppet. It can make it really stand out on its own.

intozlight

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the kind words. It was fun making the character regardless and I know he will be a wonderful addition to our troupe. Also, I am working on comic strip to introduce him to our kids. I will post once it (and the contest) are finished.
And yes, I do experiment with materials - you outta see my back room lol. Just for future incarnations of this puppet I will use fleece to hide the seams because it works well for him.

Keep up the good work all.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Almost there...when will the judgeing begin?

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey BorkBork. I know, we're getting anxious over here too. We've heard back from some of the judges, but not all of them yet. As soon as the results come in from all the judges we will post the ten finalists. We're all set to go on that part so as soon as the verdict is in, the top ten will be posted!

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
You could always reveal which ones haven't turned in their votes yet and we could bombard them with e-mail inquiries :halo:

..... but then, that might affect who they choose (or not choose) for the top ten finalist too. :eek:

-Michele

puppetise

Reaction score
cant wait i was one of the first people to submit and its taking so long