The Gilda Radner Statue is Sold!!!

Convincing John

Reaction score
WOOHOO!!!:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Hey, everyone! GREAT news!!! The Executive Director of the Gilda's Club Quad Cities just contacted me, and told me that the "Gilda Radner on the Muppet Show" statue was just sold (they decided on selling the statue locally instead of on Ebay) and the statue sold for $2500!!! All the money will be going to help fund the Gilda's Club Quad Cities! WOW!!!:excited:

For those of you who haven't seen it, you can go to this link for directions on how to access the photos:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=10441

I also have "Gilda Construction Stories" in other threads as well, telling some "behind the scenes" stories on how the statue came to be.

I have contacted Michael Radner (Gilda's brother), and he is very pleased with the statue. He is happy that it made money for the club, but even more pleased that it will remain on permanent display there to add to the warm and welcoming atmosphere that the Gilda's Club Quad Cities provides.

If any of you are in the area, or are planning to visit Davenport, Iowa, the statue resides there at 1234 East River Drive. Click on the link in my signature for more info on the Gilda's Club Quad Cities.

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!!! (waves arms):smile:

Convincing John

Whatever

Reaction score
Congratulations! I know you really worked hard on that and must feel very proud! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed! That calls for celebration! Where'd I put that Twinkie at? :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:

Whatever

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Indeed! That calls for celebration! Where'd I put that Twinkie at? :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:
I think I'm sitting on it. Sorry about that. I thought this seat was unusually cushiony.