The future of Sesame Street

Hubert

Reaction score
That said, I really hope that Tyler continues to perform Herry. If there's going to be a gap in the show regarding certain performers, replacing them with older characters or characters that don't get as much screen time would be a great idea. That's not too likely, though.
I take from this that Tyler Bunch is doing some Herry stuff now? (Sorry, I don't usually follow the new SST episodes for the most part)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a video on YT of some of the SST Muppets making an appearance at some kind of Broadway musical, in which Tyler performed Herry.

Hubert

Reaction score
Ah, interesting, I'll have to check it out. :non-existent Herry smilie:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a video on YT of some of the SST Muppets making an appearance at some kind of Broadway musical, in which Tyler performed Herry.
Seems like that's the only thing he's going to be Herry in, which is a shame actually. They really need to integrate the character back into the show, even if it's a one off episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Matt, as he has Muppet Show characters as well, depends on what Disney is shooting at the time. If that's the case, we'll unfortunately see less of Big Bird, unless they manage to shoot a lot of footage during Muppet project down time. And honestly, that's a good thing. More Muppet projects. If we see a little less Big Bird to see more Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, etc, that's a small price to pay.
Well, when Kevin Clash resigned most of season 44 had been completed. "The Muppets... Again" will probably finish production by the time season 45 begins production. Who knows what other Muppet productions will be done by then. It seems Eric Jacobson and David Rudman have been balancing their work with the Muppets and Sesame Street, surely Matt Vogel can as well (have Cookie Monster and Baby Bear been used significantly less since Rudman took over as Scooter and Janice?).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i just hope they at least make it too 50 that would be an amazing milestone :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
We have to face the fact that we're going to lose a lot of puppeteers due to age and, well, just leaving the show. But then again, SE does routinely recast it's characters, and I'm sure they have plan B's if anyone leaves unexpectedly. And it's too much of an institution for SW or PBS to try and get rid of. Look at what happened with Mitt Rommoney. He threatened to cut PBS funding, and there was a huge backlash against him.

Sesame's not going anywhere, and will probably get to the 50 mark no question. The sad thing is, that isn't too far off. 45 is in 2 years. Yep. The 40th season was almost 5 years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season 40 was a HUGE deal: I've never seen so much celebration for the show before... and if Season 40 was as big a deal as it was, just imagine what Season 50 will be like in 2019.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Season 40 was a HUGE deal: I've never seen so much celebration for the show before... and if Season 40 was as big a deal as it was, just imagine what Season 50 will be like in 2019.
Yeah it's just too bad we never got a big television special for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We got a book and some very lackluster toys from Fisher Price (the Count Plush was epic, though). I hardly call it that big. We didn't even get the premier episode in prime time like they promised they would. I just hope there's something good for season 45. At least have some rarer characters in the Sesame Pals figure line.