The Funny Videoe Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I barely get what this is a reference to (some video game called Shantae and the Pirate's Curse or something like that), but it's Skeletor, so...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Should've posted this sooner, but someone took a mildly funny Family Guy cutscene and made it better. Unfortunately, it's all audio with no visuals.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"Rappin' for Jesus" is a hillariously cringey video. It's a terrible rap video that these two very white middle aged republicans made for their church's youth group. It's so awkward. I can't post it here because it has some offensive language in it. But just go to Youtube and type in "Rappin for Jesus" and you should be able to find it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one that I (unintentionally) requested from someone who posts bizarre moments from various Transformers cartoons. A little backstory on this one, it's from the Japanese series Headmasters, which is (for the sake of keeping it brief) more or less Japan trying to make an American cartoon (on the substance of writing at least) and failing miserably at it. If anyone has seen post-Movie episodes, there's a boy named Daniel who tags along with the Transformers sometimes. Of course, Japan turned this into their "audience surrogate" for little kids (the school child who the magic/robotic thing does stuff with for the audience to relate to). And unfortunately, they kinda...well... Let's just say, if you know Doraemon and the characters, Nobita ain't got nothin' on how Daniel is portrayed here. For a more mainstream take, if you hate Sonic X and watch this clip, you'll be darn grateful for Chris's portrayal.

Yep. Daniel is so upset he somehow regresses into an infantile state, leading one of the Headmasters to make faces for him. Just...yeah.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
While looking at old Sesame Street clips,I happened upon this strange and wonderful video,i'm pretty surprised it doesn't have more views. I honestly don't know why I clicked on it because most puppet videos are for little kids and just have really bad puppetry. But these puppets are actually really well built and the puppetry is really good. Anyways,I was especially surprised by how funny the video is,my favorite part is the part with the "Little Shop of Horrors" parody.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This ancient lab safety video, which I don't know is still mandatory viewing for high school chemistry students, is pure hilarity. Especially near the end with one of the kids getting a chemical burn and stripping naked in the emergency shower with his loyal lab partner watching him very intently, which I imagine wouldn't feel too different whenever Beaker would get into a similar accident.

:confused: "Don't let modesty make your injury worse now, Beakie."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. This is a matter of "I have no idea where to put this." It's not bad enough to be in "I can't believe it's terrible." Nor is it a cereal commercial or one I'd rant about, and...I guess this could be considered funny.

Now, I'm sure some of you have seen that "Chocolate Monster" Pebbles ad from the 70's obviously not animated by HB productions. If you did or didn't...well...nothing's going to prepare you for this.

Japanese Flintstones commercials for some sort of bank or insurance company animated entirely like a 1980's low budget anime. No attempt of on model has been given. It's...it's either going to be funny, weird, or something that will prevent you from sleeping in the near future.

And, well, here's one that actually looks well animated, but it starts about 44 seconds into this video.

Really wish they'd all look like that. They sort of look like the Little Lulu anime from the 70's.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I yabba-dabba-don't know what the heck's going on here. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saw those at a convention on a huge screen in a darkened room.

Usually I love seeing anime versions of American cartoons, but the off model Fred Flintstone and co...eh...I had trouble sleeping that night. And the weird thing is, I had a dream about an off model Japanese animated something (80's Chipmunks I think) that creeped me out at night but seemed cool later that day. I did like the Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm ones though. Especially the better animated one.

Though there is one additional clip buried in another video where the Flintstones actually look good. Like 1990's animated revival done by TMS good.

For comparison, here's Buster and Babs Bunny selling a Japanese hair dryer.

Kinda helps TMS animated a deal of the original series and its opening.