The Fresh Prince Of Bel -Air thread

muppet baby

Reaction score
This is another one of my sick day or bad day shows that makes me laough in good times and in bad LOL .

I thoiught this show desverved it's own thread this is one of the best comedies ever created , i think do we have any other fans of this show on this fourm ? I wanted to watch this show during it's oregnal run but timing with school just never premited :cry:.

I watch it all the time in re runs several times a week and just laugh my head off .

i love will smith in comedy the second i got out of school found the re runs i have not stoped watching them unforcally i run out of room for the dvds , and so when i get some more room soon maybe the blu rays will be out LOL .

If not soon i may just break down and get them when i get my new bedroom in some mothes LOL .

Will smith was awsome in the show and it got me in to following his movies as they come to the movies so good never found one that i did not like .

Every actor in the show is so good the comedy is brillint :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! This show is one or those rarity where it is just the perfect comedy. I mean this is just one of those kinds of shows where you can't think of a person who just doesn't like it. And it's got that whole classic element to it... The whole fish out of water, cultural clash, how will they ever get along ala "Jeffersons", "I dream of Jeannie", "Bewitched". The Nanny is very similar with the whole story about how it happened and came to me and I remember that in this shows last season that it and The Nanny went head to Head, and I think the Nanny was beating in in the nelsons. because While Will smith is a good looking and funny guy, there are a lot of guys who think Fran Dresser is a lot better to look at, lol!

Anyway, yeah, during this shows original broadcast, I have an alarming amount of homework to do. Also loved Blossom and I'm glad that's finally out on DVD or anywhere on earth for that matter, lol!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
This show was VERY popular when I was in middle school. I still can't stop laughing at the Carlton dance ;D

Kiki

Reaction score
I LOVE that show! :excited: Lol, in year 8 my friend and I were obsessed with singing the theme song. XD But yeah, it's a great show, and intresting to see how far Will Smith's come as an actor.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Wow! This show is one or those rarity where it is just the perfect comedy. I mean this is just one of those kinds of shows where you can't think of a person who just doesn't like it. And it's got that whole classic element to it... The whole fish out of water, cultural clash, how will they ever get along ala "Jeffersons", "I dream of Jeannie", "Bewitched". The Nanny is very similar with the whole story about how it happened and came to me and I remember that in this shows last season that it and The Nanny went head to Head, and I think the Nanny was beating in in the nelsons. because While Will smith is a good looking and funny guy, there are a lot of guys who think Fran Dresser is a lot better to look at, lol!

Anyway, yeah, during this shows original broadcast, I have an alarming amount of homework to do. Also loved Blossom and I'm glad that's finally out on DVD or anywhere on earth for that matter, lol!
You said it all william , this show had all you said here and more LOL . It does go down with the classics . I loved the nanny to LOL .

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know what's interesting is that Nick & Nite sirs the original broadcast edits witch can slightly differ with some scenes, some of the music that played, and some of the script is different or the or a picticular joke is slightly fdiferen in a scene than is seen on syndicatiom. Also there a approximately 1 1/2 to tow extra minuts placed back in each episode that re removed for commercial puposes in syndication. There are just subtlet differnce that you have to watch out for.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Its also an unwritten rule that if you live in Philly you have to know the theme by heart :stick_out_tongue:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I, too, have a theory that practically everyone in America older than 10 knows the theme song by heart.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna say this.... with the exception of Men In Black, this little sitcom is better and more entertaining than all of Will Smith's movies combined. Really it is.

And who could forget Carlton, the dorky, erudite, almost ellitist cousin that Will always got in trouble? And of course the great James "Shredder" Avery as Uncle Phil... Man, I miss them rerunning that in syndication instead of ABC's horrible family values shows of 2002 they show twice a day.

And the sense of humor really put the show above the same "family Values" type sitcom. None of that "Very Special Blossom" stuff... it was all comedy all the way.

muppet baby

Reaction score
You know what's interesting is that Nick & Nite sirs the original broadcast edits witch can slightly differ with some scenes, some of the music that played, and some of the script is different or the or a picticular joke is slightly fdiferen in a scene than is seen on syndicatiom. Also there a approximately 1 1/2 to tow extra minuts placed back in each episode that re removed for commercial puposes in syndication. There are just subtlet differnce that you have to watch out for.
I'm gonna say this.... with the exception of Men In Black, this little sitcom is better and more entertaining than all of Will Smith's movies combined. Really it is.

And who could forget Carlton, the dorky, erudite, almost ellitist cousin that Will always got in trouble? And of course the great James "Shredder" Avery as Uncle Phil... Man, I miss them rerunning that in syndication instead of ABC's horrible family values shows of 2002 they show twice a day.

And the sense of humor really put the show above the same "family Values" type sitcom. None of that "Very Special Blossom" stuff... it was all comedy all the way.

You know William, what you said is very interesting , i have wondered if this was going on . I am glad to know that it is i am for going to get the DVDs soon .

I have wanted them for a while , knowing that is going on for sure i do wnat them now LOL.

Drtooth, you are so right the humour of the series is above any other i totally agree . I don't think a comedy could reach it agin one of those once in a life time things LOL .:smile: