1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Foam Book

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by fishbone, Jun 3, 2002.

1. biblebetty

biblebetty New Member

[I]Anyway, that's all beside the point. I bought The Foam Book about a week ago. Good book, it has some good tips, but my copy is missing page 63. In its place is an upside down page 30.

I had the same problem If you get page 30 sent me an e-mail please. It's killing me wondering what is on this page.

BibleBetty
  2. Snark Blarmsten

Snark Blarmsten New Member

page 63 talks about the end of the tail, wings and wing movement :) You aren't really missing much.
  3. KNOCK A LOT

KNOCK A LOT New Member

could someone tell me the author of the foam book it sound good and I would like to track it down in tasmania
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

It's by Drew Alliston and Donald Devet of Grey Seal Puppets. Their web site is www.greysealpuppets.com. You can probably buy a copy directly from them.
  5. Thats.......Donald Devet and Drew ALLISON
  6. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

I was checking out the Foam Book website, and noticed a DVD edition of the book was scheduled to be released. I signed up to be on the mailing list, but was wondering if there was an estimated date for the arrival of this new edition? Is it more than a year?
  7. puppetmancan

puppetmancan Member

I have the foam book, it was ok, but way better info just surfing, amd its semi free.
  8. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

Just got the email:
  9. puppetise

puppetise Member

i have it and its great but the internet is kool
  10. Arislan

Arislan New Member

You have the DVD? Or the foam book?

I ordered the foam book today after reading this thread. I hope it's worth it.

Someone should make a "How to make Muppet Replicas" book.
  11. gfarkwort

gfarkwort Member

12. RottenPuppets

RottenPuppets New Member

i've got the older version of the book and I love it. great information to get some basic understanding.. but i don't remember blinking eyes. shouldn't be too hard to rig up if you're just looking to do it manually.
  13. dkmontgomery

dkmontgomery Member

Foam Book Video

I got the VHS version several years ago. It is a good video to get you started and give you some ideas. Especially if you have never made a puppet.:rolleyes:
  14. RevTieDye

RevTieDye New Member

Oh great, another inside joke!
  15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I'm getting a copy of the book in the mail and I'm really looking forward to it.
  16. Puppettown

Puppettown New Member

Where can I find this book?
  17. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

You have to order it online. I believe that the Puppeteers of America online store, Amazon.com and Grey Seal Puppets all sell it.
  18. thedoogles

thedoogles Member

Not so helpful

Have to say, I purchased the Foam Book some time back hoping it would give me some tips on refining some of the building processes with foam.. However, it provided very little help. It's now shelved on the bookshelf and I've had to learn through trial and error... while it's an expensive process, it's one of the best ways to learn.

Cheers
    Michael
    http://www.thedoogles.com
  19. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Well I own the book, but haven't got around to reading it just yet. I'm looking forward to though, I must say.

I'm reading a lot of other puppetry books as well.
  20. Kar Ma

Kar Ma New Member

The Foam Book is a great way to get started with puppets. It's helped me. I ordered it for a fair price on line at www.abebooks.com. You can often get better deals with Abebooks than with Amazon. At least, that's what's been my experience. Once you learn even a few of The Foam Book techniques you will discover personal innovative ways to build puppets.