The floods are rising

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
They're predicted to reach up to as far as my house by tomorrow.:concern:

Some treat for the New Year, isn't it?:frown:

We're taking all necessary precautions and I hope we'll be okay.

Anyway Happy New Year to all at MC.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well you can see the water looking down my street. I'll just have to see what the next couple of days bring.

In the meantime we're slowly moving things upstairs to try and protect them.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's beginning to look like the water level won't reach anywhere near our house and if it does it'll probably only be in the gutters. Of course we don't know for sure. But we're not panicking. We've moved heaps up already and if it gets too much closer we'll move up the rest and some neighbours behind us have promised to give us a hand if we need it.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Good to hear that Bill!

The town I live in is downstream from a Northern city that got about 6 feet of snow this winter so far. We had a few days above freezing and its all melting now.

The river is threatening to flood here as well.

Pork

Reaction score
Hey Marty, what ended up happening with your place. Did the floods reach you. Been seeing alot about the floods on the news. It's crazy insane!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I just cant beleive what I am seeing...cars and houses floating down the stream like toys, the Capital City of Queensland getting swallowed by the surrounding River, people getting swept away to their death...It is all so depressing.Hope you are OK, Bubble Gum Bill.My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by the Queensland Floods,which is now three quarters of the State.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hey Marty, what ended up happening with your place? Did the floods reach you? Been seeing a lot about the floods on the news. It's crazy insane!
Wow it has been over a week since I last replied. I didn't realize how the time had flown.

Thank you for your concern Anna. We've been so worried but in the end the river peaked halfway up the street. Our house is near the very top so there was a block and a half between us and the water. We were especially blessed by the Lord.

We've been rearranging everything we moved up back down again so I haven't been coming here too often. It is insane though. Scary. I hope you are safe from the waters Anna.

Pork

Reaction score
Oh good, glad to hear your house wasn't affected. It's done so much damage everywhere!

Thankfully I am not in an area to be affected by the flooding. Much prayer for those in heart of it right!

Kiki

Reaction score
I'm fortunate as I don't live up north, but I think this is affecting all Australians to some degree. The effects of the flood are devastating. D: I wrote a journal about it on dA, but I thought I'd check in and see if anyone here is experiencing it. For those who are, I keep you in my thoughts xo

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm fortunate as I don't live up north, but I think this is affecting all Australians to some degree. The effects of the flood are devastating. D: I wrote a journal about it on dA, but I thought I'd check in and see if anyone here is experiencing it. For those who are, I keep you in my thoughts xo
There are also Floods now in Northern New South Wales and Victoria.