The Fiendish Fraggle

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The Fiendish Fraggle

There was once a Fraggle named Frank. Frank Fraggle was rather fiendish by nature. Some Fraggles felt this fiendish fellow was only fiendish because his name was Frank, and few Fraggles would have very much fun with a name like Frank. But Frank Fraggle would never reveal the reasons behind his crafty ways.

“What’s the fun in that?" he would say. Frank Fraggle was like that, after all.

Frank Fraggle grew up around Gobo and Red and a few other Fraggles you mayt already be familiar with. But even though Frank was the same age as those Fraggles, he looked quite a bit older due to the premature bags under his eyes. His silver hair and gray complexion didn’t help much either. When he was very young, Frank Fraggle grew a fondness for capes, and was never seen out of one. Many Fraggles felt that this was also the reason Frank was fiendish, as it is nearly impossible to play while wearing a cape.

One day, Frank Fraggle received an invitation to a party. This was very odd as Frank was seldom invited anywhere. He decided that this was the perfect opportunity for a bit of mischief.

That afternoon, before the party began, Frank hid himself away to work on this little scheme of his in private. He didn’t come up with much, and several hours later, when Frank finally showed up for the party, he was still unsure about what kind of trouble he could cause.

Well, time was slipping away. A Fraggle must act quickly at a party if they want to get noticed, mainly because Fraggle parties tend to dissolve once the food is gone. Deciding quickly, Frank pushed the first Fraggle he met. He thought himself rather clever for doing so.

“Gee, I’m rather clever," he stated. He wasn’t, but that didn’t prevent him from pushing the next Fraggle he met. And the next. And the next. In all, Frank pushed seven Fraggles.

The others were confused about Frank Fraggle’s actions, and decided that what Frank was doing wasn’t mean-spirited at all, but it must have been a game!

“Tip the Fraggle!" they all shouted.

Frank was devastated to see his plan dissolve into the sort of silliness common to other Fraggles. Frank had always taken himself to seriously, after all. He watched in horror as all the Fraggles tried pushing each other over, all of them laughing hysterically at their lunacy.

Frank Fraggle stormed off, determined that he would never again go to “one of those silly parties," as he put it.

The other Fraggles thought that “Tip the Fraggle," the game that Frank inadvertently created, was one of the absolute best games they had ever played. The rules were simple, it was completely pointless, and it was riotous fun. The three key ingredients to a great game.

It was that day that the Fraggles decided Frank wasn’t a fiendish Fraggle at all. In fact, he became the most popular Fraggle in the entire Rock! Frank found himself invited to more parties and picnics and to join in more games than any other Fraggle. Some suspect that he may have set a record in Fraggle Rock for most invitations. And he certainly set a record for most invitations turned down.

Eventually, when enough invitations were either turned down or left unanswered, they stopped coming. And Frank Fraggle realized something: He missed them. He hadn’t realized it until it was no longer true. He liked being popular.

Frank also realized something else. It isn’t good for someone who is mean to enjoy being popular, because they’re the ones who deserve it the least.

He decided to turn over a new leaf. In fact, that was the name of another great game he invented. “Turn Over a New Leaf” was a challenging game in which a Fraggle would have to turn over as many greaseberry leaves as possible with their feet. The game was timed, and according to the rules, if a Fraggle goes over that time limit, the game is immediately turned into “Tip the Fraggle.”

Though “Turn Over a New Leaf” wasn’t quite as popular as Frank’s first game, Frank was once again one of the best liked Fraggles of the Rock. He was no longer known as the fiendish Fraggle, but became a great gamer Fraggle. He stopped wearing capes, and instead opted for a nice, silly, plaid shirt. And though his meaner side did peek through once in a while, Frank tried his best to be a friendly and kind Fraggle, the kind of Fraggle who deserved the popularity he longed for.

And he even started to enjoy being nice for the sake of being nice.

The End

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Indeed ... that was ... different. It made me laugh out loud, though. It's really a Grinch Fraggle story. :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I loved this! So thought provoking and deep...with multi-layered meanings and secret musings all conducive to true storytelling and tipping and other outdoor activities produced during the less-rainy seasons of the year as storytelling outdoors during the rain leaves only wet leaves and damp Fraggle tails as all dit to listen.

Bea:zany:{What on earth was that...}regard

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awww, what a fun and friendly fraggle frolic!
:excited: It's definately the kind of bedtime story I want to read to my kids if I have any!
And, I agree with what Beau said..er..whatever that was!
:smirk:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I. LOVE. All the aliteration in the first paragraph.

And the rest of the story is just wonderful, too. I love the tone, and your story-teller-voice... And, I swear I could see fiendish Frank Fraggle storming away from the party. I love his cape... And that he switched to a plaid shirt at the end. That makes me happy. Although I do hope he didn't get rid of the cape altogether, because capes can be fun when they're not getting caught in stuff. :stick_out_tongue:

But I especially love the aliterations in the first paragraph. I'm a real sucker for aliteration.