The Felix The Cat Thread

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Anyone Wanna Know This Wonderful Wonderful Cat Who Reaches Into His Bags Of Tricks. Well, If You Wanna Know, It's Felix The Cat, That's Who, And If You LOVE This Cat, You'll LOVE This Thread!!

Anyways, Here's A Picture Of 1950's Felix

1920's Felix

And 2000's Baby Felix

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I've seen mainly the 1920's version. Is the 1950's one half as bad as that horrible 90's movie? I have to agree with Doug Walker on that movie. It was pretty bad.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I've seen mainly the 1920's version. Is the 1950's one half as bad as that horrible 90's movie? I have to agree with Doug Walker on that movie. It was pretty bad.
The 50's One Isn't Really That Bad!! If You Watched It From A Childs Point Of View, We Had The Vhses Back In The 90's And I Loved The Show, But If You Didn't, It's Not TOOOOO Bad!!, It's Actually A BIT Good, The Movie On The Other Hand, That's A HUGE Difference Comparing It To The 50's TV Show, They Actually Have Some Episodes On Youtube If You Ever Want To Watch It!! Overall, It's Not a Bad Show, Execpt For It Has The Obvious Plots!! Here's The BEST Thing About The 50's Show The Voice Actor Of Felix Voiced Popeye!! But Other Than That!! It's Pretty Bad If You Didn't Watch It From A Child's Point Of View!!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The 50's One Isn't Really That Bad!! If You Watched It From A Childs Point Of View, We Had The Vhses Back In The 90's And I Loved The Show, But If You Didn't, It's Not TOOOOO Bad!!, It's Actually A BIT Good, The Movie On The Other Hand, That's A HUGE Difference Comparing It To The 50's TV Show, They Actually Have Some Episodes On Youtube If You Ever Want To Watch It!! Overall, It's Not a Bad Show, Execpt For It Has The Obvious Plots!! Here's The BEST Thing About The 50's Show The Voice Actor Of Felix Voiced Popeye!! But Other Than That!! It's Pretty Bad If You Didn't Watch It From A Child's Point Of View!!
Oh I have that point of view! I'm glad it's better than the movie. The 20's cartoons are really good!
Well other than The Rocky And Bullwinkle Movie, movie adaptions are nothing like the originials usually.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well other than The Rocky And Bullwinkle Movie, movie adaptions are nothing like the originials usually.
I didn't think the R&B movie was much like the original either, hehe.

But about Felix, I actually liked Felix as a character in the '80s movie. The plot just didn't really do him justice.

robodog

Reaction score
Whoever was responsible for the 80's movie was obviously on something. That had to be one of the wierdest things I've ever seen. And sadly, that's pretty much the only Felix thing I've ever seen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as Felix the Cat is concerned, all I have really seen of him are a couple of Paramount (I believe) produced theatrical shorts from the 1940s, because of an old VHS tape I had of classic cartoons I had a kid (one involved him having a goose that lays golden eggs, stolen by pirates, and the other involved him and King Midas, I believe), both of which were pretty good.

Other than that, yes, I've seen Nostalgia Critic's review of the movie, and based on that, yes, it does look pretty awful, but at the same time, I also know he intentionally exaggerates and gets some of his facts incorrect, so I can't really base an opinion on that alone (besides, he's reviewed good movies before that he says are bad).

robodog

Reaction score
I don't think the 80's movie was terrible. It was watchable. It was just really strange.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think the 80's movie was terrible. It was watchable. It was just really strange.
I think it had the makings of a surreal 80's fantasy flick, it just didn't quite reach that potential.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why DID he pay with wrenches? I'm surprised that movie didn't give NC a "Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me/Just say ya never met me/I'm movin' underground with the moles/I'm not sick, but I'm well/And I'm so hot/'Cause I'm in ****!"