1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Felix The Cat Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBabySpencer, Nov 10, 2012.

1. MrBabySpencer Active Member

Anyone Wanna Know This Wonderful Wonderful Cat Who Reaches Into His Bags Of Tricks. Well, If You Wanna Know, It's Felix The Cat, That's Who, And If You LOVE This Cat, You'll LOVE This Thread!!

Anyways, Here's A Picture Of 1950's Felix

[IMG]

1920's Felix
    [IMG]

And 2000's Baby Felix
    [IMG]
  2. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I've seen mainly the 1920's version. Is the 1950's one half as bad as that horrible 90's movie? I have to agree with Doug Walker on that movie. It was pretty bad.
  3. MrBabySpencer Active Member

The 50's One Isn't Really That Bad!! If You Watched It From A Childs Point Of View, We Had The Vhses Back In The 90's And I Loved The Show, But If You Didn't, It's Not TOOOOO Bad!!, It's Actually A BIT Good, The Movie On The Other Hand, That's A HUGE Difference Comparing It To The 50's TV Show, They Actually Have Some Episodes On Youtube If You Ever Want To Watch It!! Overall, It's Not a Bad Show, Execpt For It Has The Obvious Plots!! Here's The BEST Thing About The 50's Show The Voice Actor Of Felix Voiced Popeye!! But Other Than That!! It's Pretty Bad If You Didn't Watch It From A Child's Point Of View!!
  4. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Oh I have that point of view! I'm glad it's better than the movie. The 20's cartoons are really good!
    Well other than The Rocky And Bullwinkle Movie, movie adaptions are nothing like the originials usually.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

I didn't think the R&B movie was much like the original either, hehe.

But about Felix, I actually liked Felix as a character in the '80s movie. The plot just didn't really do him justice.
  6. robodog Active Member

Whoever was responsible for the 80's movie was obviously on something. That had to be one of the wierdest things I've ever seen. And sadly, that's pretty much the only Felix thing I've ever seen.
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

As far as Felix the Cat is concerned, all I have really seen of him are a couple of Paramount (I believe) produced theatrical shorts from the 1940s, because of an old VHS tape I had of classic cartoons I had a kid (one involved him having a goose that lays golden eggs, stolen by pirates, and the other involved him and King Midas, I believe), both of which were pretty good.

Other than that, yes, I've seen Nostalgia Critic's review of the movie, and based on that, yes, it does look pretty awful, but at the same time, I also know he intentionally exaggerates and gets some of his facts incorrect, so I can't really base an opinion on that alone (besides, he's reviewed good movies before that he says are bad).
  8. robodog Active Member

I don't think the 80's movie was terrible. It was watchable. It was just really strange.
  9. heralde Well-Known Member

I think it had the makings of a surreal 80's fantasy flick, it just didn't quite reach that potential.
  10. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why DID he pay with wrenches? I'm surprised that movie didn't give NC a "Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me/Just say ya never met me/I'm movin' underground with the moles/I'm not sick, but I'm well/And I'm so hot/'Cause I'm in ****!"
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

The movie wasn't by any chance dubbed was it? I kept feeling like they were adding dialogue where it hadn't existed in the animation.

Lol, yeah though I did like the "Random zone!" bit.
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Are you thinking of that German-animated movie about Christopher Columbus and Piko the woodworm?
  13. Mister Muppet Active Member

I used to love this guy I had a vhs of him which i used to watch over and over until it nearly broke:oops:
  14. heralde Well-Known Member

Well after seeing the review for that one it made me wonder if the same thing had happened to the Felix movie.
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

16. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Yeah? Well I might be biased as I'm used to him not talking.
  17. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I can understand that. It would be like if Harpo Marx suddenly started talking in movies.
  18. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I like the 1920's cartoons. I think it's hilarious how often he gets into trouble. He got into trouble six times in one seven minute cartoon. Ha ha.
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Felix talked since the advent of Talkies, so it shouldn't be too strange. Most people seem to remember him from the King Features cartoons, and everything in the franchise seems to be a direct nod to that. Other than the Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat (and even in that case, Poindexter was in one episode of that series), the villains from the King Features series seem to follow in every production. They were integral characters in the 90's Black and White comic series. Not to mention the weird NES video game.