The Father's Day thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know we have a lot of new younger members on here, and I want to share with them a sort of plea. If your dad is still alive, and is in your life, please tell him happy father's day and that you love him. The reason I say this is because I lost my dad when I was just 13 years old, and my life has never been the same. You may be having an argument or a disagreement with your dad, but just think about not ever seeing him again, and you'll start to appreciate him more and more. If I could just spend one day with my dad, I would try to do and learn everything I could form him . So be good to your dads even if it's just for one day. :smile:

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to everybody ( particularly dads) out here on Muppet Central! Even though it's a little late.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My dad died back in 2008. I spent 20 years being angry with him because of his alcoholism, but a few months before he died I finally made my peace with him.
I'll always be grateful I had the chance to do so before it was too late.
I visited his grave yesterday and smiled. He was far from perfect, he made a lot of mistakes, his drinking ruined his life, but he still managed to teach me a few good lessons. In spite of all his faults, I still love him. Thanks, Dad.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Glad you made up with him. My deepest condolences... and now, I'm tearing up!! ( starts crying) :sympathy::frown: ( people come looking at me like I'm a weirdo) No, it's okay. I just heard a sad story on Muppet Central. Any of you guys familiar with.... ( people shake heads like no) Oh, never mind, it was worth a try.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Glad you made up with him. My deepest condolences... and now, I'm tearing up!! ( starts crying) :sympathy::frown: ( people come looking at me like I'm a weirdo) No, it's okay. I just heard a sad story on Muppet Central. Any of you guys familiar with.... ( people shake heads like no) Oh, never mind, it was worth a try.
I'm sorry but that sounds like your making fun of him, I could be wrong that is just how it seems.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I am NOT making fun of him. That's what I thought people might think I was saying about him. I was not. That's actually a really sad story!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Then maybe you should've clarified you weren't making of him in your post, because it does sound like your mocking him.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Sorry about that. Yeah, I should have mentioned that.....fuzzygobo, hope that there are no hard feelings.