The Fall Guy Movie: Yes, The Horror Is Real...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
:eek: See, I wasn't making this up....the latest on this is from Filmforce:

According to The World Entertainment News Network (via the IMDb), Warner Brothers has set its sights high for its planned feature film version of the TV series, The Fall Guy. WENN claims that Warners is "in talks" with none other than George Clooney to take over from Lee Majors as the titular stuntman/bounty hunter, "Colt Seavers."

In addition, the site suggests that British athlete-turned-thesp Jason Statham (The Italian Job, Snatch) is "set to co-star as Colt's sidekick Howie." No word yet on who is in the running to play Seavers' pretty sidekick, Judy.

Tristan Patterson (The Regulators) will pen the screenplay for The Fall Guy. Glenn Larson, the creator of the 1980's TV series, will serve as executive producer.

WENN claims that The Fall Guy "is set to go into production next year."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I only barely remember this series at all.

It's amazing that they spend all this money on lame TV-Movies and never produce anything good.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think it's actually going to be a feature film, but yeah it's pretty sad. I don't remember the series that well either, but I know I was a fan of it as a little kid. It's one of those shows like Emergency! where I watch them now and don't understand what I ever saw in them.

I actually think they might do something decent with this, but until someone proves otherwise I'll be making fun of this whole notion (a Fall Guy Movie indeed!) lol

:zany:

wolfy

Reaction score
Just like with "McGyver," I never really got into "The Fall Guy."

Wasn't it about a stuntman? Starred Lee Majors, I know that, whom I DO remember watching more in the series "Six Million Dollar Man." Oh, those booooiiiinnnnggggssss when he would jump and move. How dense was I back then?

But then, I DID love "Emergency!" Crazy about Randolph Mantooth, whom is now doing soap operas if I remember correctly (or just finished doing one). Kevin Tighe was the kind of guy I always hoped would be a "good father" type; I didn't have one at the time, so I was dreaming...

Okay, so they've done a remake of "The Brady Bunch," "Bewitched is coming out soon (with Jim Carrey as "Darrin" so far and Nicole Kidmann as "Samantha"), there have been numerous "Lucy" stories, and I have even heard they are going to redo "The Honeymooners" with a black lead (which I can't really see, personally, but hey, these are modern times so if they buy the script, okay, they have every right to put in whomever they please to play Ralph Kramden, but personally, I am still a Gleason fan).

Now...what old show would you really like to see someone do, and do a good job of it?

I would have like a good "Get Smart," but that idea was pretty well killed with the making of the two "Inspector Gadget" movies...

"Fantasy Island" was already redone with Malcolm Macdonald in the role of Mr. Roark, formerly played by my favorite "Star Trek" villian, Ricardo Montalban. "Twilight Zone" has been done several times over...from what I heard, the new one went down the tubes quite quickly. I enjoy Forest Whitaker's work, but he's not Rod Serling, and a lot of people want someone like Rod to do the show. Guess it's because they are all fans of the 50s-60s version.

I know that "Dark Shadows" was remade once, but I'd truly love to see it done the way it had been in the 1960s. Goofs and all. I understand that there is a portrait of Jonathan Frid in the WRS Movie Studios in Pittsburgh, and I am going to see if I can get the people there to just let me go and see it. I was a big Frid fan, and a big "DS" fan as a kid (I even faked being ill in the afternoons when I got hooked on the show so I could get out of going to school and be home to watch it, wasn't I horrid?), and I would LOVE to see this painting. I'm thinking it was the one that hung in the living room...I can't wait to see it...I'll ask my son if he can ask his boss this week if I can come see it. We'll see, and then I'll let you know...

Anyway...what old show would you like to see redone, but redone WELL?
wolfy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
wolfy said:
Anyway...what old show would you like to see redone, but redone WELL?
wolfy
I wouldn't mind a movie about The Honeymooners as long as they get John Goodman to play Ralph Kramden. While they still can, they should do it and have Art Carney come in as a cameo for Ed Norton's father! I'd get a kick out of that. Of course, to maintain the integrity of the original series, they need to have the same guy portray like 3 different characters! LOL!

I wish they would have remade Scooby Doo into live-action with more emphasis on the original series, but modernized as much as they did for the movie. I didn't like the direction they took for the film.

I could see Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, or The Addams Family as a movie since this is the genre of television they're wanting to pull from.

Of course, I always did say that they should do The Muppet Show as a motion picture, but the screen is the theater, and you see the full bodies of the characters as they walk onto the stage etc. The bottom couple of feet of the screen is the orchestra pit and you see everyone's heads unless they're going to go up to the stage, and hanging over the side of the screen is the box seats of Statler and Waldorf who watch the film, and the left side of the screen is the backstage desk area. Too complicated, and too tiny for TV screens, so it would only work on big screen.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'd love to see the old Filmmation "Masters of the Universe" animated series remade as a live action feature film.

Check that, remade as a good live action feature film.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind to see a Mr. Ed movie. I've always watched it everynight they reran it.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Shyes! LOVED "The Fall Guy"!

Really!

I did!

I have a lunchbox to prove it! :big_grin:

But man, I don't think they could ever find a hotter chick to play Jody...that woman was sssssssssizzlinnnnnnn'...

Never have I forgotten that part of the theme song where she comes through the swingin' half-doors in that green bikini!

:flirt:

Oh yeah, and the theme song totally rocked.

"Well I'm not the kind to kiss 'n tell, but I've seen with Faraaaaah..." :sing:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YAY!

Byron is home!
:flirt: :excited:

(The role of Mokey is being played by Red)