The Doctor Who Thread

Beauregard

Reaction score
YES! Finally! This episode was just brilliant. Nice emotional pacing, dramatic singing, weird looking aliens and alien suns, something for the Doctor to do rather than just the companion AND new depth and unique-ness for Clara! I love her connection to children and curiosity!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! Another fantastic, scary episode last night with characters set up well and really British Russians!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I liked it. But, when Skaldak was running around armor-less and all they showed were his hands, it looked like they'd been borrowed from Gremlins. I had a hard time taking him seriously, until they had the cutaways of his face.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I'm really beginning to hate commercial breaks. It's like BBC America ups the number of them during Doctor Who and they break almost every single time something exciting happens! You don't need that many commercials to pad 45 minutes to an hour!

I feel better, now. Rant over.

On the subject of Journey to the Centre of the Tardis, it felt like the cliff-notes version of a two-parter. They rushed to set everything up in the first half, so they could rush to reveal it in the second. Then, they rush through the twists and explinations at an alarming rate and rush on to the next scene. Couple that with all the rushing around the characters were doing and you end up with an episode that feels...well, rushed.

It was like watching that Special Edition re-edit of Planet of Fire. You know there's more to the story, but you're not going to get it. Except in this case, there isn't an uncollapsed version.

Not that I thought it was bad. I was just dizzy by the time it ended.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Okay, Series 7 is over. Concluding thoughts, anyone?

...anyone?

Hello...lo...lo...lo? Anyone...one...one...one?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I can't believe his real name was Gertrude......

DannyRWW

Reaction score
All kidding aside.. excellent episode with a surprise ending that I did not see coming...though River and the Doctors relationship is very confusing especially knowing where she came from in the timeline in this series finale...Strax is by far my favorite character on the show these days.... and who thought that the doctor was an expert storyteller, been inside a dragon's mouth, and raised a demon to be a superhero.....all kidding aside my theory is that Matt Smith is not really the 11th Doctor...but number 12 or later.... sorry for speaking in riddles but I don't want to give too many spoilers

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I also loved the clips of previous doctors used in the show... did we actually see clips of all eleven? I didn't see 8 I think...though I could be wrong

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Very emotional episode! Loved the moments between Vastra, Jenny and Strax and Clara was just great! I can't remember where they said the Doctor's name, but that's really my only nitpick.