The Doctor Who Thread

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I get that it's just a rumor, I wanted to know who she was. I've never heard of her.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
She's also Martin Freeman's partner.

Anyway, I know the Doctor is male but who knows? Maybe Time Lord gender works differently from humans'.

Just saying it would be kinda cool to have another female time lord.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Anyway, I know the Doctor is male but who knows? Maybe Time Lord gender works differently from humans'.
Oh, definitely, and there have been male/female regeneration referenced before as recently as The Doctors Wife episode. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, but I just don't think even the BBC are THAT brave.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Oh, definitely, and there have been male/female regeneration referenced before as recently as The Doctors Wife episode. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, but I just don't think even the BBC are THAT brave.
Hey, if they're allowed to put in a pansexual space captain turned alien investigator, a married lesbian human/lizard couple with a pet potato who fight crime together, side gay characters and an implied transsexual stretch of skin on a metal frame, I think they can have the nuts somewhere to change the Doctor into a female, fans' reaction be darned!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Such language! And on a family forum, too!

There actually is precedent to speculate abut a female Doctor. They considered doing it at one point in the original series. Even if there was an uproar, I'd love to see it happen. It'd fit in perfectly with the whole 'Doctor is supposed to be laying low' arc. What better way for a Time Lord to hide than to change their gender?

In other news, I should've known better than to patrol other sites for news on the next Doctor. Everyone has an opinion, everyone's complaining about something, and every celebrity (male and female) who thinks they are qualified is tossing their hat in the ring (Paris Jackson? Da-wha?). Not to mention the obligatory crazy David Tennat fan girls, screaming for him to come back (permanently :smile:sigh:smile:).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Such language! And on a family forum, too!

There actually is precedent to speculate abut a female Doctor. They considered doing it at one point in the original series. Even if there was an uproar, I'd love to see it happen. It'd fit in perfectly with the whole 'Doctor is supposed to be laying low' arc. What better way for a Time Lord to hide than to change their gender?

In other news, I should've known better than to patrol other sites for news on the next Doctor. Everyone has an opinion, everyone's complaining about something, and every celebrity (male and female) who thinks they are qualified is tossing their hat in the ring (Paris Jackson? Da-wha?). Not to mention the obligatory crazy David Tennat fan girls, screaming for him to come back (permanently :smile:sigh:smile:).
I'm confused. What "language" are you talking about? I hope you're not referring to the words lesbian, gay or transsexual. LGBT people exist and they all have families.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I was joking over the fact AlittleMayhem said 'darned'. Didn't occur to me that it could be misconstrued like that. Sorry.

...and why did Boober turn into two Kermits surrounding the word 'sigh'?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
This just in! The next Doctor will be Peter Capaldi!

This else just in! Has anybody seen anything he's been in? Apart from The Fires of Pompeii, I've got nothing. And, follow up, do you think he's a nice fit?