The Doctor Who Thread

Animal31

Reaction score
Haha, think about it, 50 years of possibilities!!!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
That's where I got confused, he said it was him, he never called him the Doctor. So even though he was titled that way at the end, I wonder if he could be a dark part of the Doctor BEFORE he became the Doctor?
Speculation abounds that whatever John Hurt's character did is what started the Doctor running in the first place.

November 23rd...this is going to be one loooooooong wait.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, and/or he could be a regeneration between the last time we saw the Doctor and when we first saw Christopher Eccs. People are calling him the "Hurt Doctor" which is a brilliant play on words.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Read that one, too. And 'Ba-dum-ching!'

EDIT: Wait, that opens the possibility that the Hurt Doctor was the one that ended the Time War!

...or was that obvious and I'm just slow?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Its entirely possible. Because that is the one pre-Eccleston. Most people thought Paul McGann (sp?) ended the time war, but, who knows, maybe the Hurt Doctor? And maybe we'll see him defeated by Matt and see him regenerate into Eccs.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Well, phooey. I liked him, too.

I didn't discover Doctor Who until New Earth. But the first series is so far the only one I have more than one favorite story from (The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and Dalek).

...is it sad that the most fun I've had for months on a Muppet forum is discussing Doctor Who?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I like that we all have varied interests....Muppets is always going to be top on my list due to the impact they have had on my life... but I like comic books, Lord of the Rings, Legos, smurfs...and many other things....its all good...so I think it's great we can find another common interest...as for me I watched a lot of Dr. Who when I was growing up (Tom Baker was my first introduction to the Doctor) I always liked the episodes...it felt that the ideas and stories were well beyond what the budget could cover....I didn't start watching Doctor Who again until about 3 years ago...but the fact I got my wife hooked on it too is always a good sign...