The Discontinued Snack Foods thread

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I had a feeling that was the case. I've seen them sometimes at Family Dollar, but I forget how recently. Some of my FD's have become Dollar Trees, and they don't have them. But more recently I saw them a year or so ago when we finally got a Wegman's up here. I forget how long it was before they stopped carrying them, though. Maybe a few months.

On that subject, there's a Twix that only existed for the Easter season last year. Coconut Twix. But for those who actually like the flavor of coconut but hate the texture of what I've rightfully heard called "sweetened cuticle," it was actually coconut flavored caramel. Kinda expected a coconut patty replacing the cookie, actually. I've only seen it in large treat bag form.
if you want your local stores to carry peanut butter Twix , you should talk to the stores owners, and see if can order them and start carrying them.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Coconut Twix? Oh man, George Costanza's gonna have a fit over that.

CUSTOMER: Twix has too much coconut in it.
GEORGE: NO! THERE'S NO COCONUT! TWIX IS THE ONLY CANDY WITH THE COOKIE CRUNCH!
lol

mr3urious

Reaction score
Has anyone ever eaten an Arch Deluxe? It was a McDonald's burger sold in the late '90s made with fancier ingredients such as a potato bun and peppered bacon. It was apparently too expensive for consumers and for the company itself, so it was quickly shelved.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Has anyone ever eaten an Arch Deluxe? It was a McDonald's burger sold in the late '90s made with fancier ingredients such as a potato bun and peppered bacon. It was apparently too expensive for consumers and for the company itself, so it was quickly shelved.
I have, and they were good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of McDonald's, remember when Happy Meals actually were Happy Meals? Apple and orange slices aside (really, kids can eat apples and oranges anytime), remember when you used to get like a little packet of cookies shaped like the old mascots? I remember they were similar to animal crackers in terms of taste and texture - maybe a little sweeter.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
remember when you used to get like a little packet of cookies shaped like the old mascots? I remember they were similar to animal crackers in terms of taste and texture - maybe a little sweeter.
My mom and I really miss McDonaldLand cookies. I used to get 'em almost every time! Although they no longer had them in Happy Meals for a while, they'd still sell them separately for a while. We were very disappointed when last time we tried to get them, they were discontinued for good... I hear there might still be locations that sell them, but at this point I doubt it, and it's probably just a rumor. Unless it's outside the United States, then I'd believe it. Of all those little shortbread type cookies, they were among the best, if not THE best. :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of McDonald's, remember when Happy Meals actually were Happy Meals? Apple and orange slices aside (really, kids can eat apples and oranges anytime), remember when you used to get like a little packet of cookies shaped like the old mascots? I remember they were similar to animal crackers in terms of taste and texture - maybe a little sweeter.
Funny thing is, those cookies were discontinued very recently. I mean, at the same exact time they introduced the bakery style cookies a few years ago. I got some of the last bags at my locations, they were starting to become scarce and I knew it would be the end of that. I think I got a couple HMs with small packages of those things. I even remember one location just had them out in the open for free. Small bags, though. I still purchased the bigger bags before they stopped for good.

If there is one a might rarer, they had small boxes of chocolate chip mini-cookies for a while in the 80's and 90's. They were discontinued, but they kept the McDonaldland ones for a while. I'd say they were slightly better than Bite Sized Chips-a-Hoy.

Oh jeeze. That opens up another memory. Dunkin Donuts mini-donuts. If anyone can remember the bite sized/mini craze of the 90's, all these companies tried odd smaller versions of their foodstuffs for...eh...some reason? Burger King had mini-burgers before the short lived sliders fad from a few years back. Used to get those all the time. I guess they were trying to be White Castle or something. But Dunkin Donuts made these assorted, small donuts that came in many more varieties than regular ones did. Not Munchkins which they still have. Somewhere in between full donut and donut hole were these things.. Didn't last too long, though. But they were much better than Munchkins ever were in so many freaking varieties as well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wendy's tried their hand at a mini buffet called the Superbar, which lasted from 1988 to 1998. It was apparently a big hit as you can tell (you only had to pay $2.99!), but was difficult for a little fast food chain to maintain while still serving up burgers and baked potatoes. There are a lot of people on Facebook campaigning for Wendy's to bring back the Superbar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Screw White Castle man, down here we got Krystal. :stick_out_tongue:
The closest thing to White Castles we have here are the nationally released frozen burgers in half the regional supermarket chains here.

Wendy's tried their hand at a mini buffet called the Superbar, which lasted from 1988 to 1998. It was apparently a big hit as you can tell (you only had to pay $2.99!), but was difficult for a little fast food chain to maintain while still serving up burgers and baked potatoes. There are a lot of people on Facebook campaigning for Wendy's to bring back the Superbar.
Ah, yes. Only one I've ever seen of those was at this Wendy's in New Hampshire. Had the salads and tacos and stuff. We had this really large Wendy's that opened up in Boston in the mid-90's (long gone, especially since there was another location a block away) but it somehow never got one. Then again, Wendy's wasn't all that prevalent around here until maybe halfway through last decade. We had some here and there, some out on the highway, some in the middle of Boston, but not ones around smaller towns like BK's and McD's.