The "Definitive" Storyteller Collection DVD

Marky

Reaction score
I have the first disc (03'?).
It's amazing! TV unlike any other show. Too bad the rest of the hour broadcasted was kind of... uh...

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
This was always my fav. I LOVE the stories. Another thing to try to get a hold of for your collection is the book "the storyteller" its wonderful to read to kids at bed time :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's too bad that this set doesn't have any special features. I wonder if there are any deleted scenes from any episodes?

It would be cool if Brian Henson and John Hurt got together to do some commentary, maybe even as their characters. Hans My headgehog, The Soldier and Death, The Heartless Giant, and The True Bride all deserve commentary tracks.

Other features that could be included:

Clip of John Hurt getting his Storyteller make-up put on (from The Secrets of The Muppets)
Jim Henson's introductions for the episodes that were broadcast on The Jim Henson Hour
Jim Henson's closing sequence from The Jim Henson Hour episode that featured The True Bride (where he asks the lion if he'll ever speak again)
Emmy Awards clip of the first episode winning

Marky

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It's too bad that this set doesn't have any special features. I wonder if there are any deleted scenes from any episodes?

It would be cool if Brian Henson and John Hurt got together to do some commentary, maybe even as their characters. Hans My headgehog, The Soldier and Death, The Heartless Giant, and The True Bride all deserve commentary tracks.

Other features that could be included:

Clip of John Hurt getting his Storyteller make-up put on (from The Secrets of The Muppets)
Jim Henson's introductions for the episodes that were broadcast on The Jim Henson Hour
Jim Henson's closing sequence from The Jim Henson Hour episode that featured The True Bride (where he asks the lion if he'll ever speak again)
Emmy Awards clip of the first episode winning
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Buuuuut...

They did manage to cram them all on one affordable DVD!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Marky said:
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Buuuuut...

They did manage to cram them all on one affordable DVD!
Yeah, but I already have both DVDs. However, if you don't have both, then you could wait untill this ne is released. Seperately, they both cost $19.99, which I beleive is the same price for this set, so it's like you are really only paying for one.

Marky

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Yeah, but I already have both DVDs. However, if you don't have both, then you could wait untill this ne is released. Seperately, they both cost $19.99, which I beleive is the same price for this set, so it's like you are really only paying for one.
Hey, I saw a clip on youtube - Jim Henson showing a skinless mechanical devil from the Death episode. Kinda neat.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Marky said:
w/ KtS,
You one young Poppa, Crazed!
Ack! Crazed is a chic man! :excited:

Been procrastinating the purchase of the earlier releases from Amazon, maybe I'll pick these up! New cover art?