The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
another year never having a boyfriend! Yay me! :coy:

although my parents are insisting I meet someone my dad knows and I'm not happy about it :smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
(just do what I do, set your sights really really low. Then you just have to worry about a massive small disappointment ruining your day)
You know. that's what I used to do all the time. I mean about evrything. You don't feel as bad when you fail at something that way. :big_grin:

Pork

Reaction score
Yep...another Valentines day with anybody to share it with. Hooray to me...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm used to being alone, so what's another day doing so?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know. that's what I used to do all the time. I mean about evrything. You don't feel as bad when you fail at something that way. :big_grin:
Yeah, but then the small stuff goes wrong too. I swear, I'm like Charlie Brown without that upstart dog of his...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As Peppermint Patty once said about Charlie Brown, "He keeps on trying, he doesn't give up, he just keeps plugging away. And I guess that's what we all have to do..." :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'll say as usual I think it's a shame St. Valentine's Day has been mutilated so much over the years. Even High School teachers and officials make you feel bad for not having a date. Plus I've seen way too many young couples who make other people feel bad by thoughtlessly flaunting their "happiness." People really need to get a clue about this.
Ugh. This was about 10 years ago now, but I still remember it well. All these giddy girls would walk around with balloons and teddy bears. You could have a flower (carnation) sent to your special someone in the middle of class. It made me sick *grumble* and also very envious.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ugh. This was about 10 years ago now, but I still remember it well. All these giddy girls would walk around with balloons and teddy bears. You could have a flower (carnation) sent to your special someone in the middle of class. It made me sick *grumble* and also very envious.
Lol, exactly! Not that I don't wish people well, but I try to remember that High School love is quite fleeting. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Valentines day, eh, what can I say. Another dumb day where society makes you think you need someone and or need to buy someone something.

Here's a little scene on how I'll react to Valentine's Day

Girl: Well you know what today is, right?
Me: No?
Girl: It's Valentine's Day!
Me: Oh, okay.
Girl: You're supposed have got me something. So what did you get me?
Me: I got you a whole bunch of junk a few months ago, when it was Christmas. You remember that day? If you want something, spend your own money and get it.
Girl: How rude!

Kiki

Reaction score
Men...go fig! :mad: Hehe
ROFL! :big_grin:

Meh, it's nice an' all, Vallie's day, but to me it's just another day, y'know? My teacher's really funny about it, he comes across as this hopeless romantic type, giviing out advise to lovesick gals in my class, but he finds the whole concept of Valentines Day "pathetic". I personally don't mind it, because I don't do anything. *Shrug* Nyeh.