The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Teheheman

Reaction score
The problem is that even if I do give somebody something, I still won't get anything. I know that sounds selfish, but I'm getting tired of giving and giving while I'm the one getting screwed out of the deal. I know that if I give a friend of mine a card, she'll brag about what her bf did for her on V-Day, so I figure it would just be a LOT easier for me to not get her a card or anything. Besides, she hasn't sent me the thing she promised to send me for Xmas. But whatever, if she doesn't want to send me anything, don't expect it in return.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, there is something I'd want in return... just not appropriate to talk about here...

.. I mean, Mint in package M.U.S.C.L.E. figures aren't relevant to the topic. That's what we call a misleading joke, there.

Convincing John

Reaction score
"Oh no! Not again!":grouchy:

Yep, again! I thought of this thread the other day when I was at Wal-Mart to get some groceries. Is it possible they put even MORE stuff out this year? Maybe I'm just imagining things, but it just seems like there's been an increase in the stuffed bears, candy, etc. since last year.

Even though things are different for me since last year (ahem, urm, um)...:big_grin:...I am still put off by all the Valentine's Day presents that are (as Oscar would say) "gooshy".

Nothing wrong with the day itself, but I'll be glad when that aisle doesn't look like a warehouse owned by Miss Piggy.

(I'll also be glad when this cold weather goes away! Fourteen below wind chill? This is ridiculous!)

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
They don't have freaking posters with deluxe Valentines anymore! What a ripoff! That's the only thing I was looking forward too... A Kung Fu Panda poster for 3 bucks with free valentines I can throw away.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Man, that stinks. :frown:
At least you can look forward to the Miss Piggy appearance on the Today Show.

Convincing John

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Uh oh, that time of year again. Oh well, to me it's just another day and I treat it as such :smile: I'll just wait for the chocolate to go on sale. I've never had a Valentine myself (I used to get those goofy paper cards in elementary school, but that was only because the other kids were REQUIRED to give me one), but who cares, really?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Face it people. It's here weather any of us like it or not so I personally am just going to get over it... But that is ones opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'll say as usual I think it's a shame St. Valentine's Day has been mutilated so much over the years. Even High School teachers and officials make you feel bad for not having a date. Plus I've seen way too many young couples who make other people feel bad by thoughtlessly flaunting their "happiness." People really need to get a clue about this.

That being said, I adore this giant Valentine's Day card I saw last year, the scene from The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy hugs the Scarecrow. A lot of people dislike that moment in the movie, but it's always been one of my favorites. Hehe :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Man, and it's right after Friday the 13th too. I guess I'm not gonna have a lucky weekend huh?

Daniel