The Count's Castle: Under Construction.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm placing this thread here in the Sesame Street section, but if the moderators/powers-to-be decide to move it I'll understand as long as you tell me where it was moved to.

Since there are sooooo many characters in the Muppet Universe, counting th three main branches of the family alone, and it would take me over 3 years to complete such a gigantic creative project on my own I decided to scale back a little. Since I'm takin care of all the details: background room design, traps and obstacles, small enemies, mid-level and full bosses, and strategies on how to overcome it all; the construction will be simplified to the point that I'll say which Muppet character has to recover what small marble number gift by clearing what room or outside area after defeating which matching Numborg.

Here are the rules I'm using to create my master Muppet party.
1 I decided to come up with an action/adventure video game involving all the wonderful characters from the Muppet family.
2 What should the game be about? Two sources of inspiration were the storybook The Count Counts a Party! from the Sesame Street Book Club and a short story from the Sesame Street Library's Volume 9 where the Count celebrates his birthday party with some friends who brought small marble numbers as gifts. E.g. Bert brought him a small marble 1 and Ernie a small marble 2.
3 What should the plotline for the game be? A massive birthday/anniversary party is to be held at the Count's castle. After all the numbers were placed around the cake, a master ghostly entity appeared and overran the castle with his minions. Now the Muppet family members must face off against these ghostly beings armed with the birthday candles, which serve as flaregun weapons used to dissipate the ghosts and reclaim their individual numbers.
4 Just who are these ghostly beings or Numborgs? Originally, I wanted to have a total of 300 characters coinciding with Sesame Street's 30th Anniversary, but I was short about 15 or so characters in the Muppet Universe. So I tried my hand at creating different characters named Numborgs. These beings were based on either mythic monstrous creatures, mutated animal humanoids, or ordinary-looking metahumans, all wearing a gray storm cloud buckler around their waists with a black number in high relief centered inside the buckler. These Numborgs will serve as the source for all the ghostly beings that each Muppet family member will challenge in order to get back the small marble number which matches the one on each Numborgs' buckler.
I'll be developing this idea in the near future, and one post will be given to each pairing. If you guys wish to contribute with your ideas as to the lineups for the four essential points: Muppet character, number, room or area, and creature who challenges the Muppet character, then go ahead and plug away much like I'll be doing. I thank anyone in advance who does decide to participate in bringing my masterpiece to life.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Kermit The Frog

Here's the first showdown.

Kermit The Frog must challenge BOANYARD in the Marsh Quarters room to recover his small marble 1. This room has a swampy watery outside portion and ancient French construction in its design, making the room look like an abandoned dead-home.
BOANYARD is based on the living Skeleton or skeleton warrior woman. She has black hair streaming behind her skullhead and yellow eyes in their sockets, a skeletal frame, black bracelets and shirt, brown pants and a white holster over her right leg, and a bony scythe as her weapon. She also wears a helmet, shoulderplate, and hipplate, as well as her numbered buckler. If she gets crushed into a pile of bones, she just reforms her body into the shape it previously held.
Attacks include: Skull Shuffle, where she uses her scythe to send a skull swiftly across her room's floor; and Bone Slash, which is what she does when delivering blows from the blade of her bone-handled scythe.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The Two-Headed Monster

Here's the next showdown.

The Two-Headed Monster recovers his small marble 2 after challenging and defeating GEMINI in the Twin Tower room. As described before, this room is a solid tower divided in half by a black partition wall. It features frost covered ledges, snowy slides, and sharp icicles hanging from higher ledges up above.

GEMINI looks like a normal human woman, except for a glowing line of tape straight down her middle. Probably, you'd say that this is the woman who got cut in half. My inspiration for GEMINI is the fact that I've always wondered what this magic trick would look like if the woman got sawed in half vertically, after suffering such a cut by being tied to a log going up towards the circular slicer at a logmill. She has blonde hair, frosted-over blue eyes, and fair white skin. She wears a white woolen shirt, medium blue open vest with a few rows of frosted ice, light darkish gray jeans, and baby blue boots with white feet. The boots have a ring featuring two spikes, each divided in half into two chards of light blue and medium blue, around its middle. She also has two disc cutters mounted on her wrists and her numbered buckler around her waist.
Attacks:
Double Trouble, she splits herself whenever she wants to into two individual beings and remerges into one whole being later. In order to remerge herself, both beings have to be near to each other. This way, she can fight twice as hard and twice as long, until she becomes one being again.
Ice Slicer, she shoots her circular bladed discs which are made out of ice from her wrist-mounted launchers. These cutting ice-discs whiz about her chamber chopping down anything in their paths, especially small icicles cling to the ceiling. That way, both the ice-discs and icicles are dangers to be avoided, at least until they fall and shatter or melt away into nothingness.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Telly Monster

Here's the next showdown.

Telly Monster must recover his small marble 3 by challenging and defeating CHARYBDIS in the Triangle Docks. These docks feature a wooden pier, washing waves that can be ridden all the way to the boss ghost's lair, and triangular blocks for Telly to collect.
CHARYBDIS is obviously based on the monstrous whirlpool from Greek myth, though she does have a humanlike body. She has gray-washed hair, black eyes, and pale light blue skin. She wears white undergarments, a light pink shirt, a bomber jacket with black body and dark blueish or blue-black sleeves rimmed by white cuffs, a violet-grayish skirt, and dark blue high heeled sneakers with black accents. She also wears black-rimmed vertically ovaled glasses, her numbered buckler around her waist, and a whirlpool mechanism with female eyes of its own around her waist but beneath the buckler. The whirlpool itself is made up of white, light blue, and dark blue swirling water and has a small spinning mechanism just under its eyes.
Attacks:
Suction Pools: She summons three small whirlpools positioned around her, thus drawing her opponent near to one of them and then drains off some of their life energy. She then either stores the energy, either restoring a portion of her own or she releases as a watery blast.
Whirlpool Vortex: Her entire body sinks into her waistline whirlpool before she starts spinning herself, creating a massive whirlpool pull throughout her entire chamber. This attack ends when she recoils and spins in reverse rapidly, spitting out the opponent should they get caught in her grasp.