The Colbert Report - Roosevelt Franklin is the Greatest American "Roosevelt"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's right. Stephen Colbert has declared Sesame Street's own Roosevelt Franklin as America's greatest "Roosevelt." Since the contest between Franklin Roosevelt and Theodore Roosevelt ended in a tie... the obvious choice (to Stephen Colbert, anyway) was Roosevelt Franklin. "Sesame Street's borderline-racist Muppet from the 1970's..." Stephen even displayed Roosevelt's "oratorical skills" with a clip of Roosevelt "EVERYBODY TALK LOUD!" and "Everbody talk soft..."

A WONDERFUL clip and reference! I seriously freaked out! TOO cool!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
WHAT? Was that on TONIGHT? Sweet, cause that hasn't aired for me yet. Totally watching it in an hour!

I'm sure I've said this before dozens of times, but... I <3 Stephen Colbert.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw dang. Missed it. Now I'll have to watch this when switching away from Elmo's World during the new episode tomorrow morning... Or maybe one of the afternoon airings. Sure hope he doesn't lose that Emmy to Cookie Monster's tummy like the Peabody.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I watched it! It was adorable. ^__^ It's funny how he and his writers would include that, let alone even remember him!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember to vote for Roosevelt Franklyn this coming election year. He represents both the blue states, and the red states... In that he is purple.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh-wow-oh-wow! I was watching his show today but missed this part! Those is so awesome and so funny at the same time!:big_grin:

shnizzedy

Reaction score
Roosevelt Franklin got the COLBERT BUMP!

I've had a running gag going about Roosevelt Franklin and Waldorf running for president this year, so I was very shocked/pleased to see Roosevelt Franklin praised on The Colbert Report!

In case anyone is interested, the clip is here along with some pictures I drew and some other "Muppet Election" videos and links...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I saw it last night! It was so cute :smile: He seems to like the Muppets, what with Cookie Monster's appearance and all.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
oh i'm sure he has a fondness for sesame street -- after all he was the letter Z in "all star alphabet!"