The Closing End-Credits Theme: Where Can I Get This?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knew where I can get a copy of the end-credits version of the SESAME STREET theme song? You know, the famous one with the harmonica solo that was used from 1969 to 1992 and during the various endings (like Barkley playing with the kids in the park)?

There IS a copy on CD on "Sesame Street Travel Songs" that's used, but unfortunately Zoe and Elmo's vocals totally obscure the melody.

Is there an MP3 or album that has this?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Just wondering if anyone knew where I can get a copy of the end-credits version of the SESAME STREET theme song? You know, the famous one with the harmonica solo that was used from 1969 to 1992 and during the various endings (like Barkley playing with the kids in the park)?

There IS a copy on CD on "Sesame Street Travel Songs" that's used, but unfortunately Zoe and Elmo's vocals totally obscure the melody.

Is there an MP3 or album that has this?
I was wondering about this too, I thought you were talking about the muppet show closing theme, I have that but sorry, I dont have the sesame street one. I know what you are talking about though.

You should try kazaa download it at www.kazaalite.com its the version of kazaa without ads if you dont already have it.

I hope I was able to help.
from Paul :smile:

mikealan

Reaction score
:smile:
I have the old closing theme and the new closing theme. The old closing I have is on Rainstorm and the new closing I have is on #3870.

The old closing theme I have is the long drawing of Anything Muppets and original Sesame Street Muppets living in a long apartment with the harmonia music. The new closing theme I have is the one with the live-action Elmo, Big Bird & the kids on the animated background with the calypso theme music.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
mikealan said:
:smile:
I have the old closing theme and the new closing theme. The old closing I have is on Rainstorm and the new closing I have is on #3870.

The old closing theme I have is the long drawing of Anything Muppets and original Sesame Street Muppets living in a long apartment with the harmonia music. The new closing theme I have is the one with the live-action Elmo, Big Bird & the kids on the animated background with the calypso theme music.

Yes, I have these too, but do you have these themes in AUDIO form? MP3's, perhaps?

Thanks!

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
There is an MP3 avaliable for the full length dancing building closing theme on themes.wavethemes.net. Note that the funding music in it is not the familiar bells and horns music, which means the ending is most likely from an episode that aired between 1993 and 1995.

mjb1124

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering where exactly to find the 1992-present closing theme MP3, it's under "Live Shows", not "Kids Live" (where the other SS MP3s are).

Also, I'm pretty sure that the bells and horns music was never used with the new-style closing in the US. (I've read somewhere that the Canadian version of the show still had it during the 1992-93 season.)

But thanks for the link Rubber Duckie! I've been looking for the 1992 themes for quite some time.

JLG

Reaction score
Taco Monster: My memory seems to be in conflict with everybody else's about this. I know the main theme music changed in 1992, but I would swear that the "bells and horns" sponser music held on for one more year after that, finally biting it with the 1993 season. I'm sure I remember the animated opening being followed by the older sponser music, but just for one season. (I'm from the US, btw.)

Am I all wet on this? Somebody else must remember it....

JLG

Reaction score
jeffkjoe: You're in luck. You can find the old (1969-1992) Friday credits music in its entirety--including the sponsers tag--at mythemes.tv. (yep, that's the whole URL---just mythemes.tv) It's a little bit on the low side, which means you'll have to turn your volume up, but it's definitely what you're looking for. You'll need RealPlayer to hear it.

Also, if you go to YouTube and type in "sesame street" under a group search, you'll find several videos of various credit sequence variations from different years or "specials". There's at least one which has the orchestration you're thinking of. I think there's even a new group set up specifically for the credits sequences. Happy hunting. :smile:

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Did you know that only about half of that song ever got heard on TV? Theres a long portion before where they always started on the show. I have the complete song (I found it in bits and pieces from several different sources and edited them together as an mp3... the sound quailty varies from clip to clip, but the entire song is there). I'll find somewhere to upload it and link to it here.

Greg

ssetta

Reaction score
JLG said:
Taco Monster: My memory seems to be in conflict with everybody else's about this. I know the main theme music changed in 1992, but I would swear that the "bells and horns" sponser music held on for one more year after that, finally biting it with the 1993 season. I'm sure I remember the animated opening being followed by the older sponser music, but just for one season. (I'm from the US, btw.)

Am I all wet on this? Somebody else must remember it....
No, the backers' credits music (the bells and horns) changed at the exact same time as the main closing theme.