The Clarence thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also loved all the math Jeff was doing in his head when he was waiting to ride the Curd Churner, complete with visualizations. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yesterday's episode was a nice twist on the whole "father/son camping adventure" plot in that Clarence was the one who wanted to "rough it" while Chad had all manner of civilization by his side (cans of beans, portable TV, etc.) and just slept around. Clarence has also been putting Chad on a pedestal as this bad@@@ warrior all this time, and this is the first time it's been tested for him.

And it seems like the guy and his son with the obscene-looking jowls will make appearances in the future.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed the Adventure Time cameo in the last episode of the week Where The Wild Chads Are?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed the Adventure Time cameo in the last episode of the week Where The Wild Chads Are?
I did, but I just didn't want to spoil it for others. Good thing you came along to do it instead. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great seeing a Chad themed episode. He's my favorite adult character on the show, and it would have been easy to turn the character into a Homer Simpson expy without any thought. The character has a lot of depth, and I really liked how in "Nothing Ventured" he kept Sumo's father's anger issues in check. He seems to be one of the kids, but not to a cartoonish extreme. The recurring theme of him being more of a father to Clarence than his birth father ever was is always heartwarming. I really hope to see them explore that theme in later episodes.

Also, how did those guys with jowls get past the censors?

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network (other then AT, RS & UG). It remind me of myself and my friends. Awesome show.

The Water Park and the Wild Chad episodes are the two that I really thought they did a great job on the characters.

And I love seeing that one guy that Clarence ended up getting into all trouble making cameos in certain shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Lil Buddy episode is starting to stick out in my mind for one reason.

Reed, the duck faced kid with the mole and glasses finally had some...well, I can't say dialogue, since he didn't exactly talk. But we got to hear his weird robotic crying anyway. OH! And Chalmers Santiago does indeed take place before Lil Buddy. The doll is in better condition when he pulls it out of the box, and he reacts to seeing it as if it was the first time.

Seriously, I just love how completely weird the characters look here. It totally reminds me of the American equivalent of Fujio Akatsuka's work.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/4/3/4/310434_front.jpg

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Clarence is one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows. It cracks me up to end and the plots are interesting but not overly surreal. Until I saw the Tuckered Boys episode, it was SO weird and it felt like an episode of Regular Show. I loved it, :big_grin:.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I couldn't think of the character's name that first showed up in the episode "Nature Clarance." It's Percy. I was talking about how I like to see cameos of him. I feel sorry that he used to be skinny now it's just fat or overweight. But it's really funny to see him get terrorized by Clarance. Just funny.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I couldn't think of the character's name that first showed up in the episode "Nature Clarance." It's Percy. I was talking about how I like to see cameos of him. I feel sorry that he used to be skinny now it's just fat or overweight. But it's really funny to see him get terrorized by Clarance. Just funny.
His name is Josh Maverick, and he first appeared in "Lost in the Supermarket".

http://clarence.wikia.com/wiki/Josh

Percy is the name of the little kid with the nubs for hands.

http://clarence.wikia.com/wiki/Percy