The Clarence thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe they got away with a reference to "It was an inside job!" in a kid's show! :eek: I nearly fell out of my chair on that one! I'd be surprised if CN doesn't remove that joke before it's rebroadcast!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I can't believe they got away with a reference to "It was an inside job!" in a kid's show! :eek: I nearly fell out of my chair on that one! I'd be surprised if CN doesn't remove that joke before it's rebroadcast!
That and him saying "Sic semper tyrannis" out of nowhere surprised me!

I also loved how Jeff emerged from the shower wearing a towel up to his armpits and another around his head like a girl. Just another Jon Arbuckle-like quirk to add to his personality. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That just depresses the heck out of me. Clarence is a good show, and it sucks the creator is such a d-Bag to actually do that. I'm sure the show will continue with another voice actor, but if it does get overshadowed by controversy, I hope that at least Steven Universe takes its spot.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Sad that Skyler Page had to do that. I hope the show doesn't get axed from all this controversy, and people can learn to separate the art from the artist. Clarence himself doesn't look like the sexually harassing type, either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If one of the posters on that article is to be believed, Page only came up with the characters/concept and does the voice of Clarence. He doesn't actually write the episodes, so all that would happen is someone taking over Clarence's voice.

But, like I said, if it does come to the show ending early as a result, I hope Steven Universe or Uncle Grandpa can take that slot's place (it does look like UG may be in the Thurday line up in time due to their latest round of commercials, though). It may just be a matter of ratings if it continues. I don't see the point of boycotting the show if the offending party is removed and none of the other show runners/artists did anything wrong.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nice to see more of Sumo's crazy but lovable redneck family in the most recent episode. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was nice to see an episode where Clarence wasn't the main character. Hope that means we get to see a day in the limelight episode for Jeff as well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The slumber party episode was a riot from both sides! Clarence's time with the girls and Jeff's borderline psychotic impression of Clarence were hilarious, not to mention he and Sumo broin' down to a pop song! :smile:

Kinda cute how one of the girls was constantly stroking her hair, possibly out of anxiety.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really seems that there's subtle character evolution with Jeff. I took Jeff's obsession with Clarence as Jeff being so straight forward and straight laced that he needs the chaotic factor and unbridled optimism of Clarence to brighten up an otherwise dull life. Like he didn't really get Clarence at first, but now he finds that he didn't even realize he needed someone like that in his life.

Jeff seems to be a lonely kid when he first appears. Maybe Clarence is the only one that can see past his quirks, and just sees a friend and a gateway to others. Nice little heartwarming subtext, intentional or not.

Also, I gotta look this up, but my sister pointed something out. She thinks Jeff's voiced by the kid from The Goldbergs. If not, it sure sounds a lot like him.