The Christmas Toy to air on The Hub in December

TSSD

Reaction score
I love The Hub way too much right now. Here's an excerpt from their holiday press release:
* Hub Special Presentation: "The Christmas Toy" (Friday, December 24, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. ET; encore presentation: Saturday, December 25, 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. ET) Celebrate the magic of the season in this one-hour, Jim Henson Christmas special where the toys in the playroom magically come to life when people are not around.
I can't wait!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Found The Hub in time for the Muppet movie marathon last week, and it's becoming a new addition for when I'm not on the comp.

Thanks, will hope more Muppet Christmas shows make their way around the holidays. :smile: :excited: :eek:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder if Kermit will be in it.

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
Sweet! I haven't seen that in years!

I actually had a plush tiger when I was a little girl that I named Rugby after seeing this special. He was like my best friend growing up. My dad got rid of him and all my other toys when I was about 12-13. I still think about him and wonder what became of him...

muppet boy

Reaction score
This is awesome!

I just wish that they would air A muppet Family Christmas....they really should...seeing as how they are airing both The Muppet Christmas Carol and The Christmas Toy. It would be utterly ridiculous not to air A Muppet Family Christmas.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Do we know if this is being edited or not, Kermit/no Kermit?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Very cool to see "The Christmas Toy" being aired again! And yes, I certainly hope Kermit's appearance is included. It'd be great to see some other rare Christmas specials get aired, particularly those not on DVD (or not on DVD in unedited form) like "A Muppet Family Christmas" and "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together".:smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I can confirm right now as I'm watching it that Kermit did not make the cut, they are using the HIT edit of the special for broadcast with some other edits. To bad but at least it's airing on TV again, probably the first time since the Odyssey era.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. Finished watching it just now, surprised to find it.
Another notable edit is the omission of Balthazar's rendition of The Greatest Christmas Toy Of All, establishing the chain of Christmas toys for four years running.

BTW: Anyone besides me thought the following when Meteora makes her grand entrance announcing herself as "Queen of the Asteroids"?
Meet Buzz Lightyear's predecessor... Either that or his mom.