The Christmas Toy on the Hub Nov 27

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just... don't know if Kermit's introduction and inclusion during the finale will be edited out or not...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know, I didn't notice they played it last year... I don't even remember if I had the Hub last year or not.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It played last year and yes, it was edited.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I turned it on this morning because there wasn't anything else one and I quite enjoyed it. I remember when I was a kid I sorta liked it when I first saw it then just ended up really hating it for some reason over time. I think it was the way I understood the characters at that time, because I remember feeling the same way about the secret life of toys over time. But I did end up liking it today so maybe I'm over that. I feel kinda bad though because my sisters liked secret life of toys growing up and we got into these huge fights on Saturday mornings over watching it or not.

One thing I still don't get is what happened to Mew to make him die? I know the other toys got thrown but I don't remember that happening to him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I still don't get is what happened to Mew to make him die? I know the other toys got thrown but I don't remember that happening to him.
Mew didn't "die" he was "frozen forever"... there was some kind of nervous reaction all of the toys had whenever they ended up getting caught out of the position they were supposed to be in, or they were last left in, and as a result, they become so afraid of being caught to the point they're frozen stiff; it happened to Mew because on their way back to the play room from the living room, Mew accidentally lost grip of Rugby's tail as they raced back to their play room, and he got caught in the hallway when the mother left the bedroom and found him, assuming it wasOuiji the family cat who left it there.

It seems that Christmas spirit, and the love of family and friends is what brought them out of their frozen states, because in the end, not just Mew, but other previously frozen toys such as Ditz the Clown, and a parrot who bears some resemblance to Abelardo, and others awaken.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Mew didn't "die" he was "frozen forever"... there was some kind of nervous reaction all of the toys had whenever they ended up getting caught out of the position they were supposed to be in, or they were last left in, and as a result, they become so afraid of being caught to the point they're frozen stiff; it happened to Mew because on their way back to the play room from the living room, Mew accidentally lost grip of Rugby's tail as they raced back to their play room, and he got caught in the hallway when the mother left the bedroom and found him, assuming it wasOuiji the family cat who left it there.

It seems that Christmas spirit, and the love of family and friends is what brought them out of their frozen states, because in the end, not just Mew, but other previously frozen toys such as Ditz the Clown, and a parrot who bears some resemblance to Abelardo, and others awaken.
Oh okay, that makes sense I think. I always thought the reason that Ditz was frozen forever (I said die because Mew said he was in a cold dark place) was because when the mom picked him up she threw him into the toy room so I thought it was from the impact. I guess I always drew the assumption that that was the inevitable result from being found in a different spot (I was like seven or eight when I first saw the movie)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I guess I always drew the assumption that that was the inevitable result from being found in a different spot
Actually that's my interpretation too. That's why they say Rugby can't be seen in Meteora's box, instead of in the playroom where the little girl left him.

They always get nervous because they know being caught out of place is what gets them "frozen."

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Actually that's my interpretation too. That's why they say Rugby can't be seen in Meteora's box, instead of in the playroom where the little girl left him.

They always get nervous because they know being caught out of place is what gets them "frozen."
Yea, that's how I always saw it.