The CHRISTMAS on Muppet Central Forum thread

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
This thread is all for Christmas. This thread can be used as a gathering place for members to come together and discuss Christmas traditions. You can also discuss Christmas specials, christmas music, and more! It's all about Christmas! together we can spread Christmas cheer!

:smile: MERRY CHRISTMAS!:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah! Great thread, Bananasketch!
As I've probably said on here many times already, I LOVE Christmas- all the traditions, Christmas carols, Christmas trees, Christmas lights, food, family, friends, presents and the whole season- and of course, most of all- the Christ of Christmas.
Merry Christmas!:smile::big_grin::flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Dresses up in all red*

The Jolly Red Giant has returned, and once again, I bear stuff!

*Reaches into bag, and pulls out a bent shovel, with red stripes painted on it*

Who wants a jumbo candy cane?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi Bananasketch!
Great topic! Wow...there are SO many things I like about Christmas.The lights,the music..well,actually everything that Gonzoleaper said.I'd have to add the TV commercials & shows.To me ,the holiday season doesn't start until the Thanksgiving Day parade. My favorite Christmas commercial is the Hershey kisses playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." I think it's cute!
As for Christmas music,there's a group called Mannheim Steamroller that have been around for awhile.I first heard them several years ago & they do an awesome job with "Silent Night" .(I'm listening to it now.It's soooooo pretty!":smile: ) I always look forward to listening to them every Christmas.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Kathy

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Ah where to start

i love this season, i guess it doesnt help being born in this month
i love going to malls and seeing the decorations and the cheap gifts malls try to sell(and yes sometimes i buy them)

the movies , i always watch those 25 days of christmas things

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Of course, I love this time of year! I remember one time, a few years a go, a lot of my family came together on Christmas eve. I remember watching IAVMMC on tv and having a good feast. Also, of course I agree with Gonzoleaper. I love the Christ in Christmas! :smile:

APRena

Reaction score
Who wants a jumbo candy cane?
AHHHH! *grabs grabs* *sugar coma*

I think that answers THAT. I love candy, anything peppermint and such...

But on a serious level I love the feeling of togetherness. Being around lots of my own relatives I don't see during the year, and in a more general sense peace and unity and all that. Regardless of the holiday, not really in a religious sense at all. Everything is kind of slowed down and people are usually just *nicer*. It's indescribable, but the holidays do it to people and I love it.

Aaaand then back to the I-love-being-able-to-act-like-a-little-kid side of things: Old TV specials and Christmas songs on the radio and presents and general CHEER. :big_grin:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAH! Has this thread fallen into the abyss?

No I won't let it! Please people post more!:smile:

sooooooooo.

*bump*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ding-dong, ding-dong!
Ding-dong, ding-dong!
Ding-dong, ding-dong!
Ding-dong, ding-dong!
Ding-dong, ding-dong!
Ding-dong, ding-dong!

Yeah, you get the idea.

Kiki

Reaction score
Ahh, I love these sort of threads. :smile: <3

It's the silly season again.

But personally, I love the silly season. ;3

Though it's come around so fast... O_O

Let's all have an early Christmas feast. I'd give y'all a mince pie each, but my dear Nanna may just cut me a new bellybutton as she's been wanting to save 'um 'till Christmas and we've alread polished off a few packets, eh. :big_grin:

Speaking of my Nanna... she wasn't home fer Christmas last year, as she was in rehab (not the Betty Ford type'a thing, she was recovering from a broken leg xP), and she was really upset because she loves Christmas, and she wanted to spend it with the family. D: BUT... she's home this year! And I can't tell you how happy she is, that alone makes it all worthwhile. :smile:

So... is there anymore candycanes?