The Chipmunks

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Here's Alvin's Orchestra in HQ.

Hey! You can call Bagdasarian Productions at the following number! 805-969-3349 Please call and ask why The Alvin Show isn't on DVD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! You can call Bagdasarian Productions at the following number! 805-969-3349 Please call and ask why The Alvin Show isn't on DVD!
Eh, they'll probably wind up suing you for calling them. :fishy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm reminded of years ago, somehow, a friend supposedly found Ross and Janice's home number, and desperately wanted to call them, but at the same time, she was too afraid too, on the grounds she might disturb them while they're having dinner or something.

Not sure if she ever did call them, or not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alvin-Chipmunks-Driving-Dave-Crazier/18472

Ehhh... wasn't the Driving Dave Crazy release essentially half of what was previously released as part of The ALVINNN!!! Edition, with one or two additional new entries? I guess it's safe to assume this Driving Dave Crazier is what's left of the previous ALVINNN!!! Edition, and another previously unreleased entry or two.

And it seems still nobody has heard any sort of updates on this supposed new TV series Bagdasarian Productions is co-producing with some Canadian company.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw it on TV shows on DVD, and KNEW you'd have something to say about it.

I actually wouldn't mind buying a couple of these single disks if the price goes down. I really like the artwork. Much better than the lame clip arts and photoshop collages that make up Kiddy DVD releases these days.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
While there is exactly one copyrighted song (Whistle While you Work), that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I guess they don't want to spread out to a nostalgic fanbase, even though virtually every Chipmunks item up until the movie used the 190's characters as a style guide.

Seriously, one set or two. The Alvin Show is a classic and much funnier than the 80's series. Plus, I want to see Alvin push Stanley off the roof again.
Actually Whistle While You Work was on the 1990's sing-alongs, so they do own the song for that episode. It isn't copyright.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually Whistle While You Work was on the 1990's sing-alongs, so they do own the song for that episode. It isn't copyright.
Think VERY hard about the company that released the 1990's Chipmunks videos.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not to mention the rules were different for copyrighted songs and music being included on VHS back in those days, as opposed to DVD today, for some reason. Like the Buena Vista VHSs of Rocky and Bullwinkle contained very little, if any music replacement, whereas the DVD releases, literally every single piece of music (be it theme songs, or scoring) had been completely replaced.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I keep hearing conflicting things about the Bullwinkle sets. I hear copyrighted music, and I also hear Jay stated that he wanted the music changed before he died. Any way, I think it's because those episodes are part of some unrealized or rare syndication package of the series. One that uses the rare season one and two of the Rocky Show titles.

But if The Chipmunks were released under Disney at that period, darn tootin' they'd let them use a Disney song in there. Same reason they simply had to include the Mickey Moose bit on the Muppet compilation VHS and the Sleeping Beautyland bit on their Bullwinkle releases. I'm glad they could laugh at themselves on that one.