The Chipmunks

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Well ever since, I saw the article that confirms that the new series is actually happening.
(Link to the article is in post #213 in case you missed it) I've been thinking that they're gonna screw up the new series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well you know, I DO have quite a bit of respect for Ross and Janice, they did learn from their lesson from that Universal backstab (I've lost hope the Henson kin will ever learn from that lesson), however, I just think they've really lost focus as they've been churning out these movies; a new series could very well be there chance to redeem themselves, and the franchise as a whole, but as you say, there's also the chance they'll screw it up... so, it's going to be either hit or miss, we'll just have to wait and see.

While I'm not too keen on the idea of them using these newer anthro/CGI hybrid designs, I'm not entirely surprised... I think traditional 2-D animation is dead beyond ressurrection by now. Well, I guess not entirely, I do know a lot of series are still 2-D, but those series have been around for a while, and this will be an entirely new series, so... yeah.

Besides, it would reflect the style and times anyway. The Alvin Show reflected other cartoons of the 60s. The Ruby-Spears episodes of Alvin and The Chipmunks reflected 70s cartoons (despite the 80s music), the Fred Wolf and DiC episodes reflected cartoons of the 80s and eventually 90s, so naturally, a new series would have to reflect cartoon series of the 2010s.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yes, I guess so, but to me, it won't be as good as the 80's series.
I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch it or not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to try to be open-minded about it.

Granted, even those Universal movies weren't as good as the 80s series, but compared to the recent movies, they're a lot more tolerable.

If anything, I hope they manage to crank out a few decent Jeanette episodes.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Let's hope so.
I'm just not too happy of what they say they're gonna do (Anthro/CGI hybrid design, full CGI series)
But then again, which would you rather have?
A fourth CGI film, or a new series?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd take a new series over another one of those movies, though I still say it'd be nice if they could also focus on the actual musical aspect on the franchise as well, and maybe cut a few new albums and such.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yeah, I would like a few new albums too, but only if they have GOOD songs, not the TERRIBLE auto-tuned, synthized, music of today's world (I know they have to appeal to today's kids too.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, something I've been wondering has come to my mind...

For this new animated series, would there be any attempt to bring back Miss Miller, or will she continue to be excluded? I can see why shouldn't really fit in in the movies' universe, but it seems like she's give or take as far as the series' universe in concerned: I know most fans dislike her anyway (that was a big trend in fanfics a long time ago, killing her off and having The Chipettes adopted by someone else), but she does kind of play a SOMEWHAT signficant role, maybe not to the extent as Dave, but she DOES give The Chipettes SOMEONE to look after them.

I know her voice would have to be recast however, since the passing of Dody Goodman... maybe they could bring in Tress MacNeill, she usually does a pretty good grandma-like voice.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I can only HOPE, that Miss Miller will be there.
But as far as her voice goes, I was thinking more along the lines of Betty White to voice her.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another article regarding the new series: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060346?refCatId=14

So based on the information they've given us, I assume that this "52 11-minute episodes" mean we're going to get 26 half-hour episodes to start off this series?

I really don't understand, WHY are the individual entries now counted as individual episodes, and not the actual full half-hours themselves? It's really confusing!