The Chipmunks

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I remember reading a review of the series overall, saying that they felt the comparison of the 60s and the 80s series was like comparing a music comedy and a romantic comedy.
That's what tends to happen when you add female characters, lol. That's why some fans don't like that, but I personally always like the Chippettes. They had their own character quirks and weren't just there to be pretty or obnoxious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But anyway, I know I've mentioned this before, but has anyone else noticed that on the DVDs, none of the RS episodes retain the respective RS logo, yet most of the DiC episodes do still retain the DiC logos? Seems like there's just a couple of episodes or so that simply extended the Bagdasarian Productions logo over when the DiC logo would be seen.
I wonder if it has anything to do with Warner Bros' ownership of Ruby Spears... I know the first season of The Tick manages to cut the end credits just before the "Fox Kids" logo, while I think the second season keeps it in tact. And NO release of Inspector Gadget has the original DIC Inspector Gadget indent (just that butt ugly World of Dic in cases... Buena Vista's releases had the at the time kid in bed logo ending). And I just came back from the dollar store with a Mill Creek released Complete series of Hey Vern, It's Ernest to find out that they replaced Dic's logo with Cookie Jar's, BUT the copyright on the back of the box says 1988 DIC.

One more... This confuses me. While RS is a splinter off of Hanna Barbera, it's usually regarded as a separate studio. However, the Plastic Man DVD is the ONLY DC comics cartoons release that has a Hanna Barbera logo on the back of the package, when Super Friends was produced by HB itself. Plus, the old RS logo has a byline that says either in association with or produced for, but cuts off JUST before the RS logo fades.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the subject of fan couple pairings... I just don't care. I'm more shocked that Alpha and Omega (that stupid movie with the wolves) has a fan base. And for obvious reasons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as song replacements go, I'm just wondering what other songs would they have to replace if they were to do season sets? So far, out of all the episodes they've released on DVD, it seems like only two of them have had to have song replacements: "Theodore and Juliet" replaced "Love Potion No. 9" with a poorly-dubbed version of "Witch Doctor", and "The Curse of Lontiki" replaced "Surfin' U.S.A." with "Surfin' Safari" (which really doesn't make sense, since both are Beach Boys songs). Consider some of the other songs that are left intact: "Snow Job" still has "Footloose", which was actually a THEME SONG for another movie (of the same name). I know one episode had "Puttin' on the Ritz", which would probably have to be replaced, as I've heard the estate of Irving Berlin is nasty when it comes to people using his songs... I heard one person actually got sued by his estate for quoting a verse from one of his songs in a book of his.

I've also wondered in the use of "The Girls of Rock n Roll" was a song replacement in "Bigger!", it's really hard to tell because the mouth/lip sync animation is so inconsistent that it doesn't seem to exactly match the lyrics, but otherwise, everything else does match with the timing/tempo of the song.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
As far as song replacements go, I'm just wondering what other songs would they have to replace if they were to do season sets? So far, out of all the episodes they've released on DVD, it seems like only two of them have had to have song replacements: "Theodore and Juliet" replaced "Love Potion No. 9" with a poorly-dubbed version of "Witch Doctor", and "The Curse of Lontiki" replaced "Surfin' U.S.A." with "Surfin' Safari" (which really doesn't make sense, since both are Beach Boys songs). Consider some of the other songs that are left intact: "Snow Job" still has "Footloose", which was actually a THEME SONG for another movie (of the same name). I know one episode had "Puttin' on the Ritz", which would probably have to be replaced, as I've heard the estate of Irving Berlin is nasty when it comes to people using his songs... I heard one person actually got sued by his estate for quoting a verse from one of his songs in a book of his.

I've also wondered in the use of "The Girls of Rock n Roll" was a song replacement in "Bigger!", it's really hard to tell because the mouth/lip sync animation is so inconsistent that it doesn't seem to exactly match the lyrics, but otherwise, everything else does match with the timing/tempo of the song.
I haven't a clue about "Bigger."
But anyway, I have the Batmunk DVD and "Batmunk" (The episode) STILL HAS "Danger Zone."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The music industry in general is a very confusing debocal, it's a wonder anyone can figure out all of the legalities of it and everything.

And again... if there's ONE song that SHOULD be available to the public domain, it's the "Happy Birthday Song"... talk about greedy, selfish little piggies.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yeah!
That's the reason why in so many shows, at Birthday parties, the characters sing "For he's a jolly good fellow." or something generic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least, from what I understand, the copyright is supposed to expire in like 2030 or something, and then, it WOULD be released into public domain.