The Buyout in Relation to the 2003 Series

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Seeing all these threads about companies bidding on JHC and its subcompartments got me thinking. How will all of this factor into the new Muppet series scheduled to air on FOX in the coming year? I mean, none of us here are full-fledged experts on the situation JHC is in, but can anyone shed some light on possibilities the situation holds? Like, supposed Disney has the winning bid. Are they under contract to maintain the FOX series? Do they have a right to pull out being they weren't the parent company at the time of the series green lighting? I am just really worried some super giant wins out and stops production on the series to pour cash into something less than worth while. All insight is welcome. :smile:

-Matt

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, I think just because Disney might buy a company who has a show coming to a network besides ABC, it doesn't mean Disney will just yank their new characters off Fox. I mean, Disney produces the hit "Scrubs," and that was on NBC.

And, besides that, oh, I got nothing. But I've had a good evening. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it would mean the Fox show might get pulled, or possibly may be limited to the minimum amount of episodes Henson are commited to provide. I think it might be too late for the new owner to just pull out but they can always buy themselves out, or mess things up deliberately so that nothing comes of it - it all depends if the new owner agree's with the direction Henson have been taking the Muppets in. I don't think someone like Disney would pull out just because it's a Fox show, the deal is with Henson themselves anyway - more likely there'd be other reasons. I think someone like Diz would kick up a bigger fuss over the licensing agreements personally. This is all IF it is Disney though - seems like some journalist got a sniff of info and blew his nose too hard, press reports have been massively exagerated so it seems.