The British TV show thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Let's face it, the brits are way better at making TV shows than Americans. That's not to say that the US hasn't made a lot of great shows, some masterpieces even. A. And we continue to make great shows. And both the UK and the US have had some pretty bad shows as well. But the reasons Britain is way better at making shows is (1. The characters are more three dimensional (2. They actually have well written female characters (3. They have less corporate/ commercial influence which allows for more original stories and freedom among the writers with little to no influence from the network. (4. There are less episodes in each season so there's less unnecessary filler (5. Many times when American shows run it's course, they still continue to run even when the writers have run out of ideas. British shows on the other hand often last just long enough for the writers to complete the stories.

All that being said, there are very few british shows that I actually like. I typically find most of them to be boring. But that doesn't change the fact that the show's are better in quality. I do love Doctor Who and Sherlock.

Note, none of this really applies to kid show because they're totally different and most british kid shows stink!

Thoughts?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My favorite British shows are:

-The I.T. Crowd
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
-Wallace & Gromit
-The Benny Hill Show

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I'm British so here's my list
Outnumbered
Only fools and horses
Mr bean
Fawlty towers
Little Britain
Come fly with me
Top gear
The inbetweeners
And the best of all...

THE MUPPET SHOW (it counts ok it counts)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
When I was 14, Mom and I had a movie night where we watched The Holy Grail and ever since my love for British humor has grown even more.
Who is your favorite Whose Line cast member and your favorite Monty Python cast member?